Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What’s your favorite winter outdoor activities?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 10:11 AM
  • 11 Replies
Let me live vicariously through the ladies that get snow, what do you enjoy doing outdoors in your winter?

I enjoy walks because now I don’t have to deal the heat and humidity in Florida.
by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 12:07 PM

Well, we get snow.  A lot of it.

I used to skate, ski behind horses and cross-country ski, but this old body now prefers less risky activities.  I could still do cross-country skiing if I could find some equipment.

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 2:20 PM

We have a little park nearby that has a groomed cross country ski trail, free.  I always feel pretty hard core after doing it, but honestly it's a struggle to load the gear & make the decision to go. We usually go downhill skiing a handful of times in the winter.  Actually I like the pool for laps or the gym for a class during the winter.

chickensmommy
by Member on Dec. 25, 2017 at 5:15 PM
Snowshoeing!!
anotherandree
by Member on Dec. 25, 2017 at 7:30 PM
Our winter is BEAUTIFUL weather. I love hiking.
TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2017 at 9:13 PM

playing in the Snow, fourwheeling (muscling it throught he snow does give you a workout),...

Kangat2-3
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2017 at 4:26 PM
Walking my dog
mindysue852
by Member on Jan. 14, 2018 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I enjoy going back in the house because I hate the cold and it makes my peripheral neuropathy worse! And I live in the Midwest. High of 5 degrees tomorrow.
muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:42 PM
Run, walk, cc ski. We’re actually about to head to the lake to go run around on the ice. Someone always plows some fun skating paths all around the city lakes, and there are usually rinks cleared out, too. Some of the lakes have hockey boards up, too, but not all. I love winter here. And after last night, I don’t think anyone will complain about he weather... at least not today! 💜💜💜
Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 7:44 AM

I used to downhill ski and was pretty good but haven't been since having kids. I am not sure why since both of my kids are skiiers. We all love to snowshoe though. We are actually going today since it is supposed to get up around 37*. I am in Vermont and these last few weeks have been a weather rollercoaster. It went from -15 to 47 in 24 hours last weekend.

gsmom9
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 9:41 AM

Northern WI.... sitting inside with a big mug of coffee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)