Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How To Avoid The Evening Munchies?

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 6:37 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am finally back into my exercise and diet groove.Only to blow it all in the evening.Does anyone have any ideas on what to eat or how to avoid the evening munchies?

Any ideas appreciated.

~Tia

by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Powermomof2
by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Drink a lot of water, and pick a low calorie snack like an apple. It will fill you up, apples have a lot of fiber.

Quoting MomTiara19:

I am finally back into my exercise and diet groove.Only to blow it all in the evening.Does anyone have any ideas on what to eat or how to avoid the evening munchies?

Any ideas appreciated.

~Tia

heybooboo
by Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Water.  I also drink a lot of herbal tea at night  (no sweeteners).

Meal planning is my strongest tool for preventing overeating.  It takes about 2 weeks to adjust, but I no longer snack and all of my meals are planned out well in advance.

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't avoid them, I just try not to get into the junk food, I try for high protein, low fat, low carb snacks. 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 30, 2017 at 7:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I evaluate whether or not I'm really hungry or just bored.  If I'm hungry, a hard boiled egg or cheese, maybe a dill pickle will usually ease the hunger.  If I'm bored, I find something to occupy my mind and hands.

kimie54
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 10:26 AM

I find that spacing the meal out properly helps. I know, that people (even doctors), will say to not eat after 7:00 p.m., or some other magic number. I have lost 40 lbs since the beginning of May, and almost always eat a late dinner. Sometimes it's even right before bedtime. I tend to eat my breakfast late. I hold out as long as I can. Then lunch is sometimes later. If I'm hungry late afternoon, I'll have around a 100 calorie snack. By the time I'm hungry again it's late, and then it's time for bed. Some days I don't even need a snack. I eat around 1200 calories a day, and most days I use 350 per meal. I use the Myfitness pal app to track. Hope this helps. It has worked for me.

MonarchMom22
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2017 at 5:59 PM

I have a simple no eating after 8 pm rule.  Doesn't matter if I haven't had dinner yet, if I'm hungry still, what anyone offers.  If it is after 8 pm I don't eat.

Once I've had dinner, I always go brush my teeth and floss - the entire nighttime routine.  After that I don't want to eat anything else since my mouth is clean for the night.  Sounds funny, I know, but it helps me switch off the idea that there is still food in store that evening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)