Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't believe I've let it get this bad..

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2017 at 5:02 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hello everyone. I have been semi-active in this group, on and off for years. I dreamed of weighing 140 pounds again (haven't seen that for 8 years). Before I got pregnant with my oldest I was 138 pounds, wearing size 7 jeans (in juniors) and I looked good! Flat stomach and the works.

Fast forward...never got down to my pre-pregnancy weight. I had ballooned to 202 pounds. I tried to lose weight then and hovered between 160-170. Somehow over the years, it crept back.

I had a second baby. Gained less than 10 pounds the whole pregnancy - which was fine because I already weighed 200. Now that baby is almost 18 months. I started taking Zoloft for general anxiety, and my weight has skyrocketed (nothing else changed). So I feel better emotionally but I gained almost 30 pounds in about 6 months. I hover now between 220-228.

I am desperate. My clothes don't fit, I'm not happy. I want another baby but not when I'm this heavy. I have honestly never felt so defeated - and I haven't even started!

Any words of wisdom or advice to get started would be appreciated. If anyone is interested in friending me on MyFitnessPal I just got everything set up (again..) I need to lose weight before it gets even more out of control. 😧
by on Dec. 25, 2017 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
by Group Admin on Dec. 25, 2017 at 6:05 PM
Girl we are sisters from another Mother! My dream weight is 138 lbs and I was happiest with myself at that weight and am trying to get to that again. I used a lower carb diet and exercised throughout during my third pregnancy and didn’t gain any weight. She was full term and 7 lbs 4 oz. and perfect in every way. I’m still hovering at 200 and am hoping to get to 138 by mid-May.
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 9:29 PM
This happens to me. I keep saying I'm not going to gain more weight... Then when I do, I say I'm DEFINITELY NOT GOING to gain more weight. Repeat until now. Yuckie.
by Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 10:02 PM

Get this book! I promise if you follow her plan for eating healthy, you will not regret it, and you will lose weight (in addtion to feeling a million times better in every single way).

by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 10:45 PM

You can do it , can you do low carb ?

by Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 10:05 AM

My dream weight is 138 lbs, and to fit comfortably into size 12. I was approaching 180 lbs when I joined MyFitnessPal on July 2. From July 2 to Thanksgiving, I went from a recorded weight of 174.4 to 147.8, an average of a pound a week (it didn't come off evenly, but overall).

From Thanksgiving until now, I have maintained that weight. I figured this time of year would be both stressful and very difficult to stick to a calorie deficit, what with all the holiday events. I want to go back to the caloric deficit in January and lose the rest of the weight.

by New Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 8:46 PM
Set realistic goals. I am much heavier now then when I was months pregnant. Start by eating 1 healthier meal a day and exercising for half an hour
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 4:53 PM
One step at a time! Sounds cheesy but do what is in front of you until the next step shows itself.

Example, right now, choose to skip an unhealthy snack and eat a good one instead NOT give up all unhealthy food forever. One looks daunting and impossible. One is doable.

See what I mean? If you set small, right now, goals, you can do it! And it’s easy. Looking too big can lead to failure because it seems so huge!

Yo can do it!
by on Jan. 12, 2018 at 5:00 PM
Aim your goal towards being healthier. Start with changing one bad habit for a good one.
by Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 7:22 PM
Take one step at a time and push yourself too hard. Start tracking your calories and eat between 1300-1500 every day. Start exercising slowly at first to get your body to moving. I count anything that burns calories like cleaning house, yard work. Try walking a little but but start out slow and work your way up. Like walk for 5 minutes.

I have the lose it app and it is wonderful. I check in every day, log in all that I eat and it tells me how many calories i need and how much I am under and how much I am over, and how many calories i burn. It is a good app to have.

I was doing 10 situps a day but now up to 20. I am more active but I am taking it slow and not pushing myself too hard. I have been doing this for a little over a week now and I found that I have more energy and it is quite easy to keep going. I have slimmed down some and can fit into some jeans I couldn't before.

Just go day by day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)