Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello new here

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:58 PM
  • 11 Replies
I have started My weight loss journey over a week ago. I am in my second week now and already loss a a couple inches from different parts of my body. The scale keeps going back and forth so far haven't lost much weight. I think I am down like one pound now from when I first started.

Anyways i am on a 1400 calorie diet but I usually don't eat that much and if I so I always work it off.

I am so glad to have found this group. My weight was 198 when I started and I am going to lose 40 pounds appease. Eventually i might lose the rest but right now just focusing on 40 pounds.
by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 10:46 AM

Hello & welcome.  Good for you sticking to the 1400 cal diet. I've been tracking for a couple days now & can't come in under 1800. I just started getting serious on diet. I thought I was doing ok  because I home cook most meals, only eat maybe ,one meal per week out.  The truth is I need to eat less.  Good luck keeping with the plan. Pop in here for encouragement.

momoffour2013
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. Yea my problem was over eating too. I pretty much cut my meals in half now. I measure everything and if I am still not full afterwards I drink a glass of water. Most of the time if you have eaten and you still feel hungry that usually mean you are just thirsty.

Quoting flowrsgalore:

Hello & welcome.  Good for you sticking to the 1400 cal diet. I've been tracking for a couple days now & can't come in under 1800. I just started getting serious on diet. I thought I was doing ok  because I home cook most meals, only eat maybe ,one meal per week out.  The truth is I need to eat less.  Good luck keeping with the plan. Pop in here for encouragement.

mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 6:03 PM
Welcome to the group and I hope we can help you in anyway we can.
momoffour2013
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 6:06 PM
Thank you

Quoting mama2b100808: Welcome to the group and I hope we can help you in anyway we can.
mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 6:12 PM
You are very welcome!!

Quoting momoffour2013: Thank you

Quoting mama2b100808: Welcome to the group and I hope we can help you in anyway we can.
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 6:14 PM

I'm on a 1400 calorie diet as well.  I don't do too bad....except when I don't bring my lunch to work and when i don't feel like cooking (usually after my girls' sports activities)......which is often.  hahaha

momoffour2013
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 6:18 PM
As long as you are working the calories back off then you are fine.

I kinda over ate but I am going for a walk with my daughter tonight and will be walking a lot tomorrow.

Quoting M4LG5:

I'm on a 1400 calorie diet as well.  I don't do too bad....except when I don't bring my lunch to work and when i don't feel like cooking (usually after my girls' sports activities)......which is often.  hahaha

BrittsJade
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 6:19 PM
Great job! I haven't been able to get motivated again. I definitely need a kick in the pants!
Don't get discouraged, hide your scale & go by the way your clothes fit:))
momoffour2013
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks

Quoting BrittsJade: Great job! I haven't been able to get motivated again. I definitely need a kick in the pants!
Don't get discouraged, hide your scale & go by the way your clothes fit:))
gsmom9
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 9:45 AM

Sounds like an awesome start. Patience and perserverance are our weapons. You rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)