Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does stress affect your eating habits?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2018 at 2:51 AM
  • 9 Replies

When you are stressed, do you eat more or do you eat less?

by on Mar. 1, 2018 at 2:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bugayfamilyof4
by Member on Mar. 1, 2018 at 9:13 AM
I am pretty sure my cortisol levels are through the roof. Stress gives me craving for sure but I haven't given in.

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Mar. 1, 2018 at 9:32 AM
Relora May help you since it blocks cortisol

Quoting bugayfamilyof4: I am pretty sure my cortisol levels are through the roof. Stress gives me craving for sure but I haven't given in.

bugayfamilyof4
by Member on Mar. 1, 2018 at 9:53 AM
I have started taking Ashwagandha , Holy Basil and 5-HTP plus lots of Meditation.

I will have to try a bottle of the Relora.

Thank you

Quoting MixedCooke: Relora May help you since it blocks cortisol

Quoting bugayfamilyof4: I am pretty sure my cortisol levels are through the roof. Stress gives me craving for sure but I haven't given in.

mollyk124
by Member on Mar. 1, 2018 at 9:54 AM
I eat more when I’m stressed. I’m more likely to “cheat” with nut thins or popcorn.
TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2018 at 10:29 AM

All the time!

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Mar. 1, 2018 at 2:48 PM
Yeah biofeedback helped me reduce my blood pressure. I tend to multitask so while driving from work I do deep breathing and kegels.

Quoting bugayfamilyof4: I have started taking Ashwagandha , Holy Basil and 5-HTP plus lots of Meditation.

I will have to try a bottle of the Relora.

Thank you

Quoting MixedCooke: Relora May help you since it blocks cortisol

sickpupmom
by Member on Mar. 2, 2018 at 8:36 PM

Depends. If it’s stress and anxiety, I eat more and I crave chocolate. If I’m depressed or worried I eat less.

Mommy2Malaika
by Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 4:01 PM

I definitely eat more when I am stressed. I usually lean to sweets but it literally can be anything that is around.

ThePoopFace
by Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 12:53 PM

Well, last night I got stressed out and ate way more food than usual. I generally eat 1,500 calories a day, and have very balanced meals. Last night I had a hard time getting the kids to bed, got in an argument with my husband, and ate 1,000 calories over my normal goal. I feel so gross today! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)