Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

workingout pregnant

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2018 at 12:18 AM
  • 6 Replies

What sort of workouts and stuff would you all recommend for during pregnancy.

I put off getting back into my routine that I had a while back and I really regret that now, and I've been wanting to start back again. I'm newly pregnant though and don't want to over do it and I'm looking for ideas on what I could try to help keep my energy levels up. 
I already try my best to eat healthy and I'm trying to stay on top of my water intake, it's just the exercise that I really need some direction in. My OB is fine with me working out, but didn't really get detailed on the kinds I could or should be doing.

by on Mar. 6, 2018 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
goatmom4
by on Mar. 6, 2018 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Walking gently reduce to a few blocks ,walk slow look at trees , relax
Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2018 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Swimming is excellent if you can!
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Mar. 9, 2018 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
For cardio I did walking, swimming and stationary bicycle. I did weight training with light 5 lb. weights. For CORE work I did planks with a chair and other standing an exercises. I also kept my carbs to 75 grams.
anotherandree
by Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been doing the "rolling hills" function on the treadmill. And I lift weights, alternating arms and legs each day.
muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Walk. There are lots of yoga, Pilates, and weights videos for pregnancy on YouTube. Check with your dr first.

If you were doing anything at all prepregnancy, you might still be able to do those things. I ran right up through 36-37 weeks with my last baby.
Momma_of4kkhq
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2018 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

There's an old pregnancy video with Denise Austin that I did with all 4 of my pregnancies & loved. One thing I remember is that you cant do excercises that require laying on your back at 4 months & beyond. But get doctors ok. My dr. always said I could pretty much do any exercises, even running. I have gotten out of the habit, though, and need to get back with it. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)