Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FAT LOSS: Take a deep breath!

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2018 at 1:01 PM
  • 1 Replies
2 moms liked this
BY: DIANA BRUK

When you gain weight, you can very plainly see where it’s gone, whether it’s to your thighs, buttocks, or that layer of unwanted flesh that sticks out underneath your bra. But where it all goes when you lose weight is much more of a mystery. Does it just flush out of the system when you go to the bathroom? Does it turn into muscle? Or does it sort of just magically evaporate in your sleep?

If you’re not sure, don’t worry, you’re not alone. News website The Conversation recently asked 150 doctors, dietitians and personal trainers this very same question, and 98% of them thought it either escapes through the colon, turns into muscle, or converts back to energy—which is to say all of them were wrong. Only 3 health specialists gave the correct answer, which is that the fat turns into carbon dioxide and water. You release about 16% of it through urine and sweat, and the other 84% out of your breath. Which means that, for the most part, you actually breathe the fat out of your body.

It’s pretty cool, and it’s not just true for fat either. Most of the food you eat is expelled through the lungs. Unfortunately, that doesn’t mean breathing faster or deeper will help you get rid of stubborn belly fat. Only moving can convert that fat into carbon dioxide and water. The good news is that you don’t need to necessarily break a sweat in order to double or triple your metabolic rate. Taking a long walk or doing some light cleaning can burn calories and increase your longevity at the same time!
by on Mar. 21, 2018 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
letstalk747
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 1:49 PM

Wow , glad to know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)