Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What’s more important: how much you weigh or what your body fat percentage is?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:56 PM
  • 3 Replies
Under 25% is the normal body fat range and under 35 inches is the normal waist measurement for a woman that is not overweight or obese. What’s more important to you though?
by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Terpsichore
by Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 4:47 PM

Here's what I don't get: why is the waist measurement at the narrowest part of the waist? What happens if you've got a beer gut but the waist and hip measurements are within the norm? I find buying clothes based on the narrowest part of my waist to be too tight.

I truly don't understand this and welcome new knowledge.

clairewait
by Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 9:21 PM

First of all, "normal" is almost impossible to define anymore. I really try not to compare myself to others when it comes to how I look or how I want to look. I know plenty of women far heavier than me who are gorgeous and plenty of super thin women who aren't strong at all. So it is really hard to even pick weight vs. body fat percentage.

Honestly, I think the most important thing is feeling healthy and feeling strong. Like, to be honest, I'm thin. I don't need to lose weight. I don't technically *need* to work out to avoid gaining weight and I don't really need to watch what I eat (within reason) for the same reason.

That said, for years I have felt like crap. To look at me you'd never know it. I've suffered from headaches, bad sleep, irritability, terrible mood swings. Working out and eating healthy have curbed so many of these issues. Sugar is my enemy, not because of my thighs, but because it makes me feel awful. 

So that's where I'm at. I'm eating and working out to stay healthy and to feel strong and energized. 

Nicki34
by on Apr. 22, 2018 at 10:02 PM
Its a mixture, healthy bmi, body fat and waist measurement, there's no one fit all in wellness (this I am finding out)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)