Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Hi! Newbie here!

Posted by on May. 18, 2007 at 11:59 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hello,

I am hoping that I have found a group of persons, who know what they need to do, but just can't seem to get the motivation to do it. I hope that maybe with some encouraging words and friends, that I can lose the extra 40 pounds I want to get rid of.

by on May. 18, 2007 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AEIO_U
by on May. 18, 2007 at 1:43 PM
Hi, I am also new here. I'm not however new to the weight loss game. I've had four children and gained a lot of weight.  This is a great place for sharing.
I am also part of a TOPS group (T aking P ounds O ff S ensibly) they meet as a group in local communities in person. THey weigh-in and support each other in the wight loss journey. Maybe if you find a TOPS meeting (look on line for a local one) you could find an excercise partner, you also get charms for certian accomplishments which are concrete motivators.
This would be a great support for ideas and different motivators that come from different places. That is why I joined here. My TOPS meeting,which isn't anything like weight watchers gets stagnent sometimes and I like to get a breath of fresh air and so here I am. Looking for frinds and motivators. I've lost 20# and have 20# more to go. So stick with me!
iluvcoffee
by on May. 18, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Congrats, on your 20 lbs.  I have 40 to lose, I am trying to get to my pre 2 children weight, which was 128!  Its weird, cause I weight 128 again, after my 1st, which I gained 30 lbs. with her.  Then, between 1 and 2 I gained  close to 40 lbs, in 8  years.

Good luck!

stand4sumthn07
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:02 PM
I would like to lose about 40 to 50 pounds. I have lost the weight before....after I had the kids, so I know I can do it. I just can't believe I put all this weight back on. I haven't had a kid in 6 years!!!!! I'm so ready. I'm doing 4 one hour workouts a week and tons of water and generally healthy food. I'm not going to deprive myself too much.  Well, we all can do this and I'm here for anyone who needs encouragement.
MKMom05
by on May. 19, 2007 at 11:03 AM
Hi there! I need to lose about 75 pounds....seriously. I need some girlfriend support that I don't see everyday. Your comment says "iluvcoffee".....so do I...way too much!!!! Grande White Mocha skinny no whip!!! So, if you have any ideas of how to get started and stick with it....please share!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)