Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Approaching 30.........

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 9:44 AM
  • 2 Replies
OK, SO I just joined Cafe Moms yesterday and haven't really grasped everything about how this works, BUT I ran across your Group and was delighted to See you have a group like this. I have 3 children 13,5,20 months, I have been a mother for the last 14 yrs almost and I have always been a rather big lady. However I am in a 18/20 and I am not having anymore children so I am FINALLY ready (or Think I AM ) to start losing some weight. I am always tired and already have issues with sleeping, I think that exercising will help out with this. I don't want to be an Adonis I just want to be more comfortable. ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS on how to get jump started will be greatly appreciated.
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jharris
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 11:40 AM
welcome to the group and cafemom, the first think you need to find out is how much your eating and when so you can see what needs to be changed.  so start a journal for week or two writing down everything even the binges with your emotions too.

then after that you need to look it over and figure out how much calories you need to lose that one pound a week

here is a website that will help http://www.dietitian.com/ibw/ibw.html,  I can't rember, but i think its droping 1000 calories a day (from what you normally eat to lose a pound a week)

then you need to walk 30 minutes daily and add in toning 3 times a week, if you do other cardio walk the other days,

and drink water, alot of water

good luck
Jenn
jjapetigny
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 1:38 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the extra info. I will start with the Journal this week and check out the website. Its nice being encouraged. It lifts the spirit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN