Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for weight loss/walking buddy in LaMesa, CA

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello,

I recently moved to LaMesa,California and would like to find another mom to start a walking buddy group to help lose weight. I can't seem to motivate myself to walk everyday or even 3-4 times a week but know myself and if I am obligated to a group I would make sure I was there walking everytime. Walking is where I want to start but would eventually get to the point of actually working out a few times a week, they say it starts with a single step!! I would like to lose 60 pounds and I've done it before by walking! Anyone out there in my area who might be interested in walking and chatting with strollers?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mrs_vinita
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Hey, my name is Jenn and I'm in the East County area as well and would be interested.  My son is going to be 4 in June so no stroller, I also have a 7 y/o who will be out of school soon and an 11 y/o sd coming in for a month of summer vacation, I also have a lot of weight to lose and am completely out of shape, so I don't know where you're at in the working out/ walking thing, but I really need to get in shape.  I have a Wii Fit which I really need to start using again, it's just one of those things where it's hard to be accountable to yourself, you know?

Jenn, SAHM to Cassie & Hudson, book and movie loving, Starbucks addicted, SoCal living, wife to John, with 2 doggies and a kitty.

Beeyore
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:41 PM

OH, trust me I know about the accountability, it's also difficult to go to gyms and such with a baby. There doesn't have to be strollers involved on your end but Mads prefers the stroller lol I would love a walking buddy to start out, not just for the exercise but also for the adult conversation!

Brandy

mrs_vinita
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:07 PM

LOL, tell me about it! I'm a SAHM so besides my mom, I only have one other friend who doesn't have any kids, enough said.  I'm in Encanto (do you know where that is? right next to Lemon Grove and Spring Valley, technically city of San Diego) so I'm right next to you.

Jenn, SAHM to Cassie & Hudson, book and movie loving, Starbucks addicted, SoCal living, wife to John, with 2 doggies and a kitty.

Beeyore
by on May. 11, 2009 at 10:44 PM

I sent you a message with my email, were you still interest?

mrs_vinita
by on May. 11, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Oh geez, sorry yes, I forgot, I almost never check my messages b/c they always seem to be spam, even on here, LOL.  I'll get it right now : )

Mechita81
by on May. 16, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I live very close to La Mesa too, I would love to join you girls!! well I live Lake Murray Blvd. so technically this is San Diego, we just moved last week, and we use to live towards Grossmont Center so we move like 6 blocks. I will pm my email address to you! thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)