Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CALORIES-To Count or Not to Count?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:37 AM
  • 2 Replies
CALORIES
To Count or Not to Count? 

If you're working your BOOTY OFF with your workouts and you're still not getting the results you want, then you need to take a HARD look at calories in vs. calories out. 

We all know that fat loss occurs when there is a caloric deficit. For example, if at your currrent weight and your current activity level, your body requires 1800 calories, then to lose 1lb of fat per week, you either have to increase what your body requires (by increasing your metabolism through HEAVY strength training or by increasing your workout frequency/duration/intensity) OR you have to decrease the amount of calories you're eating, by ~500 calories/day. But if your plan is to decrease calories in, be SURE you're getting enough calories to mantain your muscles and fuel your high energy workouts. Eating every 2-3 hrs is critical.

The first step is to identify which category you need improvement. Do you KNOW how many calories you're eating per day? If you don't, you need to find out. Start checking labels of the foods you eat and visit www.CalorieKing.com.

The second step is to take a hard look at your workout schedule. Are you lifting HEAVY weights 2-3x/week? If you need help in the strength training area, shop http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102604597421&s=1&e=001SB3Ji-dsXOFolN7GATfrb6Tb9aCJiYfJZTQLdOfUkYTNoDImzzSUBnFIqmljc09Prv49qp958qrk3OtE_Ez-Bqhgl7DczXyHTSfPM13jHQ0_M9uljEafqg== for ChaLean Extreme... that program has the "muscle burns fat" theory applied and nailed! But please be advised if ordering today or tomorrow - Team Beachbody is under construction until Wed night June 10, so please call Customer Service at 1 (800) 470-7870 to order from myself, Coach ID 27064, or from your coach if I'm not your coach.

Are your cardio workouts often a mere 30minutes?  Could they be extended longer on certain days? Could the workouts be more intense? Are you burning 300 calories in your cardio workouts, or are you pushing yourself and burning 700 calories? This makes a BIG difference when you add it up day in, day out, and month after month.

If you're not sure how many calories you SHOULD be consuming to maintain or to lose, visit www.FreeDieting.com and check the "daily calorie needs" calculator at the side to calculate an estimate of what you should be consuming for safe fat loss. I wouldn't recommend the "extreme fat loss" calorie intake as that restriction could cause you to binge or even slow your metabolism - you do NOT want that.

It goes without saying that, within your ideal calories, you should be eating WHOLE foods and as many fruits and vege's as possible. But let's face it, Shakeology has made getting those nutrients in EASY! 

To count or Not to Count? I say COUNT!
...or at least estimate until you've got good habits in place :-)
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
CoachJenn
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 8:10 AM
Another great article that I can post on my blog. Thanks a bunch!

PersonalFitCoach.com
Daily Fitness Tips, Free Fitness Coaching & Great Home Workouts
Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, P90X, ChaLEAN Extreme... MORE!
Win up to $1000 Daily just for logging in your workouts. 

Alexisparadise
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:18 PM

no wrries- I found it on a link to  from the webinar for beachbody last night:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)