Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me really lose weight

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:49 PM
  • 15 Replies

OK i am now at my biggest at 218 pounds I'm 5'2 i don't wanna count calories or carbs and diets don't work for me, my goal is to get down to 130 pounds i do currently have high blood pressure and I'm on a water pill I'm also on antidepressants for bipolar i have gained so much weight in the last 3 months and I'm hungry all the time. i try to exercise and drink lots of water is there any advice you can give me to help me like exercises and foods to eat. i am so miserable with how i look and i want the old me back please help me.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahm_krystal33
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Eat clean. It's working for me and it's worked for tons of other people. The Eat Clean DIet book is great to have. I got mine on Amazon for $6. Basically...if it doesn't have a mother or grow from the earth don't eat it. It's about cutting out processed foods and replacing them with clean good foods. Lean protiens [egg whites, boneless skinless chicken breasts, lean ground turkey, almonds, tofu, etc..], low fat or fat free dairy [cottage cheese, milk, yogurt, cheese], fruits and veggies, and whole grains [bread, pasta, etc..] and limiiting your intake of processed foods. Staying as close to the earth as possible.

For workouts, I don't have access to a gym so I do all mine at home. I have a treadmill, hand weights, The Biggest Loser Workout DVD, 30 Day Shred DVD, pilates, yoga, or takng my LO for a walk. I alternate workouts so I don't get bored by doing the same thing all the time.

The best advice I can give you is to never give up. You won't see a weight loss quickly, it took time to put it on and it will take time to take it off, so don't give up! Think of the big picture and looking great and feeling great in the long run. Good luck mama!

Are you ready to Challenge Yourself? Need to lose weight? Tone up? Join this group, have fun with friends, 12 week challenges, great prizes, and weightloss for life! Come check out Challenge Yourself!!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/99365
rugbugs3
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I FEEL UR PAIN I WEIGH THE SAME AND IM 5'3 I WAS AT 226 ABOUT A MONTH AGO..BEEN DOING THE BIGGEST LOSER DIET...I WENT TO WALMART AND BOUGHT THEIR WORKOUT DVD..AND WHAT MAKES IT SO GREAT THEY R REAL PPL EXERISING( MEANING HEAVY PPL)...I ALSO HAVE THEIR BOOKS IT REALLY WORKS TRY IT...ILL GIVE U SUPPORT IF U NEED IT  ...ADD ME IF U LIKE 

jj49
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:07 PM

This feeling is terrible! I ended up going from around 130 pounds to 170 and I was stuck there after having my second child! I tried everything but I just couldn't find anything that was working for me!

I was watching oprah one day and ended up seeing acai berry on there. So I did a lot of research on the internet and decided to give it  a shot. You won't know what works for you until you try! I tried a few different supplements until I finally found one that works.

I lost a lot of weight from taking acai and colon flush supplements. Also, with trying to fit in regular exercise a few times a week.

My eating habits changed a lot when I began taking acai. It just gave me nice boosts of energy and made me feel satisfied after eating a small meal. I also began to eat healthier which helped a tremendous amount.

You can read my blog here at www.jilliansdietblog.com

Message me if you have any questions. I'll try my best to help!

CoachJenn
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:45 AM
Joining a group like this is the first step in the right direction. For me, committing to an outlined program also worked very well and helped me to lose over 45 pounds. I highly recommend ChaLEAN Extreme as a fantastic 120 day program that is completely lined out for you.

Good luck!

PersonalFitCoach.com
Daily Fitness Tips, Free Fitness Coaching & Great Home Workouts
Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, P90X, ChaLEAN Extreme... MORE!
Win up to $1000 Daily just for logging in your workouts. 

marketingmaster
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Honestly if you want bad enough to lose the weight, you will do whatever it takes - dieting and exercising, even when you don't like it or don't feel like it.

Ask yourself what it is costing you to stay where you are at 218 pounds. It sounds like it is costing you a lot considering your high blood pressure issue. Then ask yourself what you are willing to commit to to make a change. If you don't change something, nothing's going to change. You absolutely will have to diet and start exercising. It takes approximately 30 days for the human body to develop a new "habit," so don't expect to enjoy it overnight....however as you continue to be consistent in your routine - your body will begin to crave the healthy foods along with the exercise.

Also, what is it that lets you know you are hungry? Is your stomach actually growling/grumbling? It is easy for us to think we are hungry when in reality we are not we are simply bored and/or emotional.

I recommend following a good nutritional program that focuses on teaching you lifestyle changes such as weight watchers. You can track your daily intake with point values rather than having to count calories or carbs. I definitely don't recommend anything like nutrisystem with pre-packaged foods. You really want to avoid pre-cooked, pre-packaged foods. I use a cleansing and fat burning program which has helped me to keep my junk food cravings at bay and helps me to stay fuller longer.

Bottom line is that if you REALLY want it, and want it bad enough ... you have to make some changes and they will most likely be changes you don't like.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you want someone to hold you accountable

chel1023
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Sorry to say, but if you want to lose weight you are going to have to count something, whether it be fat and calories or points (like on weight watchers) or buy pre-made meals that do it for you already like Jenny Craig.  In any event, to start out you should make a small change, like incorporate 3 to 5 serving of fruits and veggies every day.  Switch your midafternoon snack of chips to an apple.  Start small and you'll start to see changes in yourself which only encourages you to make another change, and before you know it your on your way to a small dress size!!!  Set a goal for yourself at the beginning of the week and track it, did you eat 3-5 servings of fruits and veggies that day?  Write down what you eat and what you do for exercise.  All of these little changes can make a big change in you.  Good luck and if you need support I'm here!

tomsMom2008
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Quoting chel1023:

Sorry to say, but if you want to lose weight you are going to have to count something, whether it be fat and calories or points (like on weight watchers) or buy pre-made meals that do it for you already like Jenny Craig.  In any event, to start out you should make a small change, like incorporate 3 to 5 serving of fruits and veggies every day.  Switch your midafternoon snack of chips to an apple.  Start small and you'll start to see changes in yourself which only encourages you to make another change, and before you know it your on your way to a small dress size!!!  Set a goal for yourself at the beginning of the week and track it, did you eat 3-5 servings of fruits and veggies that day?  Write down what you eat and what you do for exercise.  All of these little changes can make a big change in you.  Good luck and if you need support I'm here!

I have to agree and disagree with this one! I have lost 50 lbs in the past year and didnt count anything...calories, carbs, points, etc. Instead I just eat really healthy and workout. you cant say you want to lose weight and not diet tho...I mean eating healthy=dieting! lol...try it for one month tho and like the PP said you will want to keep going!

Jen0622
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Hi there!

I just read your post and see that you're frustrated!!  You're right - diets don't work because they are not addressing the real problem which is nutritional cleansing.  I work with Isagenix Internationa, World Leader in Nutritional Cleansing and our vision is to impact world health and free people from physical and financial pain and in the process create the largest health and wellness company in the world.

I didn't know much about cleansing when I first started with Isagenix, but now I wouldn't live life without these amazing products.  For more information I would invite you to visit my personal website www.jenmalcolm.isagenix.com.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. 

Thanks,

Jen Malcolm

www.jenmalcolm.isagenix.com

Silentsweetsz
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Hey i know how you feel i gained weight during my pregnancy but after giving birth i tried to lose weight but still ate chocolate, 5 weeks after giving birth i found thebest way to lose all my weight and have a flat tummy.  go to my blog getfitafterthebaby.blogspot.com  and trust me it will help you alot and you u willhave questions just email me and i will answer all the questions

Mommamia1278
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 2:26 PM

I know just how you feel. I am 5' 3" and 208lbs. I tried going to the gym... didn't have time or energy to walk out the door. I thought for sure i was doomed to get bigger.

I dunno, recently something just has clicked in my mind to lose weight. I have been going on many many hikes but it all started when I went to wal-mart and just flippin baught a liptticole. I TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT. I have been working out on it everyday since and have been dropping lbs. I will really see the results i hear after 4 weeks. I am so happy and feeling so good. It's sometimes hard but I know i have to do this... You can do it girly. I'm here if you need someone to help you. Take care!

Julia

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)