Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spin class....

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM
  • 2 Replies

hi ladies, i was just wondering if anyone has ever done spin and if you liked it and if it works to help lose weight?  me and my friend went monday for 45 mins. and whewww lol that was a workout! my thighs were killin me when i woke up tuesday! and that seat hurt my butt lol!!! i'm still sore! it was pretty fun too. the lady turned up the music and the lights r kinda like black lights or something but we had fun! anyways if anyone has any good results from taking this class please let me know! thanks in advance!!!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MOM2SWEETNESSx3
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:14 PM

I just started doing a spin class a few weeks ago. I think it's lots of fun and I find that I burn around 500-600 an hour depending on the teacher and how much resistance I use. It sure does work diffrent muscles than the other cardio I've been doing!

"I shall shape my future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me. Or I can be lost in the maze. My choice. My responsbility. Win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny." -Anonymous

CoachJenn
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:29 PM
I think it's best to practice on an exercise bike for a while to get your body used to Spin. I had a similar experience a while back where I was sore for days and my butt really hurt a lot! So, take it easy. You'll work your way up to it if it is something you enjoy. It is a super calorie burner and great for lower body muscle endurance.

PersonalFitCoach.com
Daily Fitness Tips, Free Fitness Coaching & Great Home Workouts
Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, P90X, ChaLEAN Extreme... MORE!
Win up to $1000 Daily just for logging in your workouts. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)