Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am new and have advise and support to offer.

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

Well if I could lose a pound for every hour I have spent researching weight loss, I would be rail thin at this point. I know a lot of information about healthy eating, and which excersise is best for weight lose. My problem is finding time to do it. I do eat healthy, I recommend the book Cook yourself Thin, I bought it this summer and found that the recipes are simple, and good. Even my red meat and potatoe loving husband loves most of it. My mother is a diabetic and I have taught her about the tricks of advertising that companies use in marketing foods that are suppose to be sugar free, or low fat or low calorie, so if you have any questions please ask. I also recommend supplements. I take a B vitamin complex which gives me lots of energy, and I take 1 green tea pill a day which also gives me energy. I take the green tea in the morning, and mid day I take the B vitamin. I drink a Special K protein shake in the morning, which I love they taste better than Slim Fast to me. I also snack on Kellogg's Fiber bars the dark chocolate one tastes good. I find that a diet high in fiber and protein is best, you don't get hungry as often.

I just joined the group tonight, and I introduced myself in another post, so I will just brief you here. I am 5'7 150 lbs. Which is a normal weight, but I would like to be down to 130lbs. again, it is where I feel most comfortable. I stay home with my 3 kids, and I have little time to excersise. I have a weight bench, trampoline, stationary bike, free weights, resistance bands, and an excersise ball. I have Billy Blanks Boot camp videos, which are too hard for me. I have several yoga tapes which I love, and also a few dancing ones. Sounds like I am all set right. Well sometimes not having to get in your car to go work out, leaves you thinking oh I will work out later, and later never happens. I have started getting the kids involved, on the weekends I let them jump on the trampoline to music while I lift weights.

I look forward to offering my support to those who need it, and seeking it when I need it. I am an emotional eater, I crave sugar and salt so I got all the bad stuff covered..lol.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jksmama
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Hey there. I am new to this group too and am looking to lose about 20 pounds as well. I am 5'8 and weigh 138 pounds and want to be down to 120 again. Like you, that is where I feel most comfortable. I am married and mommy to 2 great kids. I stay at home with my daughter but watch a friends kids during the day so like many moms, it's so hard to find time to work out. I like to stay up later than everyone, just to have that quiet time so it's hard to get up too early and I am certainly not the type of person to wake up and work out right away. I have some great videos and plan on running again too. It's just a matter of starting nd sticking to it. I will help you out if you'll help me. If I have to report back to someone at the end of the day, I will think twice about eating the wrong things and skipping working out. Hope to talk to you soon.

djdouglas60
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 9:21 AM

I just joined Weight Watchers and what I have already learned is it's not what you eat, but how much you eat.

suzzieqatusps
by on Sep. 15, 2009 at 1:56 PM
Hi, I need support... I am 5ft and weigh alot more then I should. I would like to have friends help me keep me in check. So if anyone out there can help let me know..
Santurner
by on Sep. 15, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Gosh, I feel you girl !!  I'm 5'6" and weigh 152, I've gained 20 lbs in the past two years....since my divorce.  I find comfort in food, all the wrong food.  Just like you, I can't blame ignorance....I'm very much up on what I should be eating and completely know my way around the gym.  Carbs are like a drug to me, even when I'm not hungry........I eat.  I need a buddy to keep me focused and on track.

Santurner
by on Sep. 15, 2009 at 3:11 PM

I'll help you if you help me.  Deal?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)