Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Down 16 lbs!! How much do U think I weigh??

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

Sorry it's sideways! Whatcha think ladies? How much?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BellaBear
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:25 PM

125-135 something like that

n-helling
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:31 PM

can't really tell how tall you are,... but I would guess at about 5'7"? You would look about 140-145, if you were shorter I would say less

Helling Mama

mommynewc
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:41 PM

I am going to guess about 135...It is hard to tell because I have no idea how tall you are.

zeppelynn
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Yay! I am 5'6" and I weigh...................144!!!! I can't believe how much of a difference 16 lbs makes! I love the way my new body moves and feels. I still want to lose about 10 more lbs but not much more b/c I don't think I look 144 now. Thank you ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

mommynewc
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 7:22 AM

You look great! Congrats!

CoachJenn
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 7:26 AM

You look GREAT. I would have totally guessed more like 130-135. 

PersonalFitCoach.com
Daily Fitness Tips, Free Fitness Coaching & Great Home Workouts
Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, P90X, ChaLEAN Extreme... MORE!
Win up to $1000 Daily just for logging in your workouts. 

amanda_23
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 12:47 AM

What did you do to loose all those 16 pounds?

just wondering I need to seriously start seeing that scale in my bathroom move down a bit more. I hate seeing the scale sit at 168.  I'm five feet two inches.

CRZ4HR
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM
Quoting zeppelynn:

Yay! I am 5'6" and I weigh...................144!!!! I can't believe how much of a difference 16 lbs makes! I love the way my new body moves and feels. I still want to lose about 10 more lbs but not much more b/c I don't think I look 144 now. Thank you ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Please tell us how you lost your weigh and how long it took.  I am 5'6" and 156.  I want to lose 16 pound but I am feeling very lazy at the moment.

zeppelynn
by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM

I have been eating as cleanly as possible. I don't eat (rarely eat) foods from a package. Processed is a no-no for me. A typical day for me :

COFFE!!!! I do use the dry creamer stuff that is so not good for you. No sugar. Usually 1-2 cups a day.

Whole grain toast with all natural peanut butter (I use Skippy). I fix one slice and if I am still hungry afterward I will fix another. I seldom am hungry after just one, but I found that if I fix 2 right away, I will eat the 2nd instead of wasting it. What I do is put my bread in and then pour a small glass of skim milk, put that in freezer ( I looove it coooolllld!) while I fix my toast. I usually eat this with a banana or half a grapefruit (really good for you, esp belly fat!)

Sneak in as many veggies as possible. Eat these first before your lean protein (chicken or pork or fish) and then your starches last. For dessert I eat fruit with low fat froyo, but not very much. A little goes a long way for me now.

I have eaten more cherries this summer than in my whole life put together and I'm currently going through withdrawals b/c the season is over! I am trying to replace them with grapes for now. But just try to have some kind of fruit that is easy to grab and snack on.

Almonds are really good for snacking, too. They have polyunsaturated ( I think...or mono) fats which attacks belly fat. I grab a handful and don't go back b/c they do have a bit of fat in them.

I basically just go with the healthier version of everything. Occasionally I will fix pancakes as a breakfast treat, but I get the whole wheat mix and light syrup ( I heard you can use sugar free applesauce for some of the water you mix in to sweeten it and won't need syrup at all, but I haven't tried it.) Always skim milk, smart balance butter, whole grain bread and pasta (rarely pasta at all). And I looooove turkey bacon! Couldn't eat reg bacon to save my life, now.

I will admit it is hard but once I got in the habit of not eating as much it became easier to me than regular eating. I have a schedule and certain foods that I go to.  I am hungry sometimes but that is a sacrifice that I make. I don't eat past 10 (at the absolute latest..prefer to not eat past 9) and I go to bed hungry, knowing that I won't wake up as hungry as I went to sleep and just do something to take my mind off it.

NO COOKIES. NO CHIPS. NO SWEETS OR SOURS OR ANYTHING. YOU HAVE TO BE SERIOUS ABOUT IT FOR IT TO WORK. That's the outlook that worked for me. No cheating. No saying "well I DESERVE this." No! You deserve to enjoy a cup of green tea on your porch or a few minutes of meditation. Or reading a book. You don't EARN food. It is there to nourish your body and keep you alive. Eat to live. Don't live to eat

I do yoga for 30 min every day (try to anyway). Also I weighed myself today and I'm down to 142.5!!! None of my clothes were fitting me and I didn't have extra $$ to get new pants. FInally my friend gave me a Kohls gift card and I went to go try on some pants, anxious to see what size I am now. I went in wearing oolld capris that were size 13. I left with 2 pairs of sixe 6 pants. I never imagined that I would fit into a 6 again. I don't even remember the last time I was a 6. Middle school??? And I bought another pair of pants at Walmart that were 6, so it wasn't a fluke! It takes mental discipline. I lived for food before. I looooved it. Now, when it's time to eat I eat enough to not be hungry and that's it. I care less about what tastes soooo good and more about what it is doing for my body. Diets don't work. You HAVE to change your lifestyle and how you look at food and exercise. Always park far away from the store so you have to walk. Pick up your pace. Jump around with your kids. Just mooooooove!!!!!!! Thank you ladies for listening and for the compliments!!!!!!

amous
by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 7:49 PM

You look great!!! Throw some of that motivation this way...pleeease lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)