If you have a recipe that tastes like Prego...please, please....share with me!
Desperate for a homemade Prego sauce recipe.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup water
Add onion, green bell and garlic; saute until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, water and seasonings.
Simmer for 30 minutes. Let cool.
*For clarification: All the spaghetti sauces I try are great. I'm just a girl who is infatuated with Prego and I must know the secrets behind its deliciousness.