My kids are a bit "by the book" - they love mac'n'cheese. I feel guilty
as a mom feeding them processed crap from a box, but when I make it
from scratch, it's always missing that delicious processed cheese
taste. So sometimes for lunch, I make them what I call elbow spaghetti.
My kids love spaghetti.
What you need:
- 1/2 box elbow macaroni
- 1 jar Prego (or homemade sauce...I use Prego because nothing has come close homemade-wise, yet)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lb. ground beef/turkey, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Add Prego and sour cream. You may need to turn the heat back on to warm everything back up. If you want to have meat, then add it at the same time as the sauce and cream :)