I am searching for a better filling because this wasn't at all like the
real filling. It was much too cream-cheesy. And next time...I'm
DEFINITELY using Devil's Food. And I probably won't cut it into 4 layers
because that made a mess. :)
What you need:
- German Chocolate Cake
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip
- 1 can milk chocolate frosting
- Make cake according to directions on package in two round pans. Cool completely, then cut into 2 layers each. You should have 4 layers in all.
- Beat filling ingredients and put in between each layer, reserving a little for the swirly doodle on top.
- Heat frosting in microwave and then slowly pour over cake and spread. (This got a little messy and I had to sit my cake on a platter even though it was on the plate already)
- After frosting has set, add the little swirly doodle on top.
- Refrigerate again, serve cold.