Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hostess Cupcake Cake

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 117 Total Views

Hostess Cupcake Cake

I am searching for a better filling because this wasn't at all like the real filling. It was much too cream-cheesy. And next time...I'm DEFINITELY using Devil's Food. And I probably won't cut it into 4 layers because that made a mess. :)

What you need:

• German Chocolate Cake

Filling:

• 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip

Icing:

• 1 can milk chocolate frosting

Directions:

1. Make cake according to directions on package in two round pans. Cool completely, then cut into 2 layers each. You should have 4 layers in all.
  2. Beat filling ingredients and put in between each layer, reserving a little for the swirly doodle on top.
  3. Heat frosting in microwave and then slowly pour over cake and spread. (This got a little messy and I had to sit my cake on a platter even though it was on the plate already)
  4. Refrigerate.
  5. After frosting has set, add the little swirly doodle on top.
  6. Refrigerate again, serve cold.

**Special note: When I started collecting recipes back in 2007, I never wrote down the sources. So...if you see a recipe without a source, it does NOT mean that it is mine. I will always claim my own recipes. A recipe without a source means that I have no clue who the source is. If you have seen that recipe elsewhere, I'd appreciate knowing who it belongs to. It's never my intention to not give the brain behind the food the credit they DEFINITELY deserve!
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)