I'm not sure why I didn't look up a Prego copycat before this recipe,
but I finally did. I'm a picky thing sometimes and I was disappointed
that another recipe didn't amount up to the wonderful taste of Prego.
However, this was my favorite of all the spaghetti sauces that I have
What you need:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb. bulk Italian pork sausage
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cook meats over medium heat, until no longer pink; drain.
- Mix meat with remaining ingredients in a crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours
- Serve over pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese, if you want :)