Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh My Gosh :(

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:12 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

Holy smokes!  my husband is a pilot and he just made an emergancy landing on the INTERSTATE. It's all over the news, in fact I heard it on the radio before My husband called me.  I'm freaked out right now, I'm shaking and i'm numb.  Thank God he is okay. Here's the news clip

http://www.news4jax.com/news/24823506/detail.html

Kacper is not the guy with 30 yrs exp, but he is the mans flight instructor, he gave him his multi engine rating and they own a plane together.  Not the one that crashed but a BC Duchess.  Sorry I'm rambling, I'm still a little freaked.  I lost my way to work this morning, and I literally live 7 minutes from work.  I took some wrong turns...don't know why.  My head isn't here today.

It could have been a lot worse, thank God such a bad situation turned out alright.

Plus, my bird passed away last night.  I loved her to pieces, we don't know what happened.  Night before last she was sitting on the bottom of her cage, which I know is a sign of a sick bird.  but when I picked her up she sqwaked at me and i put her on one of her perches.  she seemed fine after that.  I'm heartbroken!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
heidiwork
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:05 PM

WOW! Thank goodness your DH is ok - how super scary!!!! Especially to hear it on the news first. I'm sure it took awhile for the adrenaline to get out of your system!

So sorry about your bird. It's hard to lose a pet for sure! Take care of yourself!

mjnmkmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:41 PM

WOW I am glad your dh is ok, and no one was hurt. 

Sorry to hear about your bird :(

smperkins25
by Group Owner on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:31 PM

news crews found out where we live and where my mom lives!!

RunzWithScissor
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:37 PM

That is crazy!!!!  Wow, glad everything is okay!

ZOOMZOOMCANTOR
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:55 PM

OMGosh Glad dh is ok. Are you?

Wow what a great pilot good job.

Aww sorry about your birdie :(

lvmeeyes
by Group Admin on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:36 PM
Oh my... that was scary and I didn't even know who it was. They did an excellent job landing especially how busy I10 is that time of day. I'm glad he's ok. Sorry about your bird... yesterday must have been the sucky day. About an hour after the plane went down I was trying to get in touch with my mom who lives right by where the plane went down to see how bad it really was. She wasn't there because she had been rushed to emergency surgery to have her toes amputated (she's diabetic) so we spent the day at the hospital.

Didn't mean to steal your topic... just can't believe all the things that happened yesterday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamou
by Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:01 PM

So glad everyone is ok...wow what was going on yesterday?

just west of Atlanta  a small plane made an emergency landing on the 13th green at a golf course just missing some golfers by 10 feet....weird day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)