Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you suffer with migraines?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:24 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 263 Total Views

For about the last year now I have had some pretty horrible migrianes. I have never had them before. Its nearly impossible to do anything. I went to an afterhours clinic once I got a shot that was a stadol and phenergan cocktail. Needless to say, I was out for a day and a half. lol. It didnt get rid of it completely, but it made it feel like a normal headache. I have tried topomax, didnt do much. Now, I take advil migraine. It works ok. I have ultram that seems to work ok, but, it makes me kinda loopy. lol. Laying down helps alot.

What works for you ?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Aasiyah
by Member on Aug. 14, 2010 at 6:29 AM

as salamu alaikum sis...

i used to suffer from terrible headaches. putting heat compresses used to help and so did cold compresses on the eyes. i went to doctors for years but didn't ever take any of the meds they would give cause i was scared of getting addicted.  one day due to sinus pressure i went to an acupunturists.. she helped me alot with my sinuses and my miagrains disappeared.  come to find out it was all related.    now  i only get a miagraine every now and then.. i had one this past week but i think it was due to low iron. you should do some blood work and make sure your iron and vitamins are good.  try taking a prenatal vitamin.  might help. seek acuputure treatments.  see if you have a school in your area that might give very cheap sessions or even free ones.

erin7420
by Group Owner on Aug. 14, 2010 at 9:18 AM

My blood work is fine, I have had blood tests done numerous times and it always comes back normal, alhamdulilah. But the flip side of that is people then think, ok, nothing is wrong so why do keep acting like you dont feel good. lol.

I went to an accupuncturist years ago and had relief like never before. I really need to go  back again. insha'allah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)