Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cace is home PIOG

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:39 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 263 Total Views

So we got up at 4am this morning to bring Cace to CHaD in Manchester, NH. Poor little guy was trying to pull open the fridge and tear my shirt off he was hungry :( But we couldn't let him eat since 11pm the night before. So we get there and everyone was super nice. They gave him a book, and a blanket from a group called the linus project (the tag has a picture of the kid from Snoopy with the blanket). It was very nice of them. A lady came in whos only job is to play with him and keep him calm. She brought bubbles and a train, and a little gas mask for him to play with and get used to. Well he loved the mask, and of course broke it, so they let us take it home.

They had him for 1 1/2 hours. I'm glad it wasn't longer because they do not allow you to leave the surgery waiting room if its a child in surgery. My DH is clastraphobia so we brought his parents to keep him calm. He also has a habit of hating drs and telling them off. Good at times, but not in this case.

So They found that his ureathra is way to small and they think his urine isn't draining properly. So they made a small incision to make it wider (I haven't looked at it yet, I want him to get some rest) but put no stiches and said to put some neosporin on it every time I change him. They thought it would hurt my dipes so they put him in a spoie to go home, but I have scrap cloth here so I won't need to worry to much about it. I never expected them to do that so I only brought cloth to the hospital. They also found that his ureathra takes a sharper bend towards the back as it goes by his rectum and up into his bladder. They think this causes his urine to pool here since it doesn't drain well and cause irritation. Also if he ever has harder poops they think it causes a problem then to. When he fevers he gets to dehydrated (even though I non-stop nurse) and they think the urine scalds this already red area, hence all the blood. Its not a problem they can fix, and they expect it to continue on and off for years. But, there is nothing wrong with his bladder or kidneys themselves, and there are no polyps or tumors like they feared. So thats good news, just sucks that this is another problem he may have until he is fully grown and stuff just has more room to move around.

Hopefully the little incision they made will help. They never asked if we were ok with it, but I guess I would have said yes anyway. Just have to be careful changing him for a few weeks. And its better to fix it now, then when he is older and will be in more pain from it. The poor kid is already trying to potty train himself. In the past week he has gone to only peeing 3-4 times a day (but huge amounts) and pooping once because he knows its gonna hurt him :(

He's sleeping now and when he wakes I'll get that icky spoie off him and see what I need to do to take care of the incision. I'm thinking of just laying a cloth wipe in his diaper in the front. Thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts, they definetly helped us!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Check out my store, Designs by Cace!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
K8wizzo
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I'm so glad to hear that you got good news!! :)  I'm sure he'll be feeling better soon and hopefully the incision will help.

Rik-E
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I'm so glad it' not what they thought! Still something to deal with but not nearly so bad.  :-)  I hope he recovers quickly!  The wipes in his diapers, or scraps of soft fabric, should be fine for the ointment.

lasombrs
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Thanks guys. I was gonna do scraps, and I think I have more wipes then scraps, lol. So I will go with the wipes. I dont think the neosporin is as bad as vasoline anyway so hopefully we are good.

misty1_sd
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:33 PM

How mice of them to be considerate of your diapers, glad you have scraps/wipes though. I'm glad he wont be needing another surgery. The rest sounds like a mixed bag...good cause things aren't as bad as you thought, but not because the problem isn't really something fixable. We'll stick with the good on this one though.

ShannanAjluni
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 2:29 PM

I am so glad it was not what we fears!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)