Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do??

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:57 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 226 Total Views

So my friend said she would throw me my baby shower. Well she is starting to be a Mary Kay consultant. Well she wants to turn my baby shower into a babyshower/Mary Kay pamper thing. Then she tells me today cause I was complaining about my friends not giving me their addresses to send my invatations that it is ok there are 6 people coming and I asked who and she said people I don't know. Like WTF. I don't know how to tell her if that is how it will be I don't want it. What do I do?? I have had it on my mind all day. I don't want to be rude but I don't want it a 2 in one. Why don't she make one of her kid's birthday parties like that. grrrrrr. Sorry now I am venting. But I do need help on being nice about it.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ReachtotheStars
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:27 AM

that is a tough one mama I am not sure how I would tell her.  I hope others have suggestions for you. 

krissylady
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Maybe suggest that you would be happy to have a mary kay party for her, but you would like your baby shower to be about the baby...with people you know.

aydens_mom620
by Group Owner on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:38 AM

yes i agree, offer to do a MK party after the baby comes

CrunchyBran
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:57 AM

I don't even think you should feel obligated to do a MK party after the baby comes.  I think it's rude and opportunistic for her to assume that it's OK to blend these things.  Blah, I don't know what I'd do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)