Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My St. Patty's Day Baby, Jade Catherine. PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2011 at 4:39 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 506 Total Views

Jade Catherine was born Thursday, March 17th @ 7:11pm weighing 7lbs 8oz 19 3/4 inches long. Lot's of black hair that is getting lighter and beautiful dark blue eyes!

She was due March 5th so she was almost 2weeks late. Thursday morning I had a bio-physical which is an ultrasound to make sure she was still healthy inside me. We thought the appt went well but before we left the parking lot we got a call from my midwife saying we needed to head to the hospital asap and she wouldnt say why. So we got DF's sister and bil to watch Kailyn, went to the house to get last mintue things and went to the hospital.

Since I was supposed to be doing a natural water birth at a birthing center DF called his long time friend who happened to be an OB at the hospital to see if she could deliver for me. Thank goodness she agreed! So we got checked into the hospital, got settled in the room around 1pm and the ob checked me, I was 3cm.

They gave me IV fluids and broke my water. I was still wanting to go as natural as possible so I asked if I could walk around instead of getting pitocin, but my blood pressure was high so I was stuck in the bed. I ended up getting pitocin because I wasn't progressing fast enough for them. A couple hrs later I was in sooo much pain that I caved and got an epi. The contractions were right on top of each other. By the time one was done and I was able to open my eyes another started.

6:45pm I was checked and 10cm. They got the room ready and with two pushes she was out! They put her on my chest and we started trying to get her to cry, she wouldn't so they took her to the warming table. She still wasn't breathing well so they pulled the emergency cord and the room swarmed with nurses. I was so scared but they got her breathing within seconds.

I had a second degree tear so when they were sticthing me up I over heard nurses talking and they pretty much said the reason I was sent to the hospital was because in the ultrasound she wasn't moving like she should, she had no or very little muscle tone. I later found out if DF hadn't gotten his friend to be my OB that the other OB on call would have rushed me to the OR to have an emergency c-section! So thank the lord for DF and his connections!

Friday afternoon Kailyn came to the hospital to see her baby sister. She is such a proud sister! Later that day my dad drove 3hrs down from Kissimmee to help with Kailyn. He got a hotel and spent the weekend with her so James and I could get settled at home. Thank goodness because Jade is up 3-4hrs straight at night JUST wanting to breastfeed. Last night was our frist night being home as a family of 4. Kailyn woke up a few times to Jades crying but would go right back to sleep.

Proud big sister.

Proud Daddy

The reason I had such horrible heartburn!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Due in March? Join me in March 2011 Babies(Group Mod)

by on Mar. 22, 2011 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momoflilangel
by Member on Mar. 22, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Aww.....Yay! She's beautiful! Kailyn looks adorable holding her.

Kiera gave me a 4th degree laceration which is one reason why I'm getting a c-section this time. I'm glad you didn't have to have a c-section. I hope you feel better soon recovering from the tear. Enjoy your new little princess & take lots of pics!

aydens_mom620
by Group Owner on Mar. 22, 2011 at 8:36 PM

haha, she's cute! im praying ava has hair like that b/c if not, i want to know why i have such horrible heartburn all the stinkin time! LOL

krissylady
by on Mar. 23, 2011 at 10:19 AM

She's beautiful! Congrats!

Kam06
by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Thanks ladies! :)

lilchikkis
by Member on Mar. 31, 2011 at 5:15 PM

cute, lots of hair! and wow thats a big baby. mine is 2 weekso ld not even 7 lbs yet hehe  congrats, we need to see fluffy pics.

Kam06
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 4:20 PM

She doesnt fit into the pocket I got from you yet. This is her only cute fancy diaper so far.

its a green bottoms cover.

ReachtotheStars
by Member on Apr. 18, 2011 at 10:49 AM
Aww she is adorable
huntinmama21
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Congrats!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)