Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do u plan...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:45 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 299 Total Views
Your day around your 5 daily prayers???

I keep wondering "what if I'm at the grocery store.......

Sorry if it's a stupid question!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wife2ali
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:41 PM

No but when Ali was still in America and we went shopping for grociers and it was close to jummah or maghreb i'd get really snappy with him.  Cause I didn't want him to be late or miss Jummah. 

AmmuJSE
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:23 PM

You have a certain time frame to make your prayers.....You don't have to pray them AS SOON AS the azan goes off. You have until the next prayer to do it. So sometimes, yes, I'm at the store. Especially Asr time during Ramadan....

You get more reward if you pray them closer to the azan but I don't always have that choice. 

Wife2003
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:25 PM
Oh ok lol Thats good to know!!

Quoting AmmuJSE:

You have a certain time frame to make your prayers.....You don't have to pray them AS SOON AS the azan goes off. You have until the next prayer to do it. So sometimes, yes, I'm at the store. Especially Asr time during Ramadan....

You get more reward if you pray them closer to the azan but I don't always have that choice. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissaBusch
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM

To an extent I guess.  If it's getting close to the next prayer time I tend to just stay in and wait.  I find it's easiest to get things done in the morning.  There's a big gap between the pre-dawn prayer and the first afternoon prayer (fajr, Dhuhr).

Also, once the prayer time starts you have until the start of the next prayer to do the prayer.  So, today Dhuhr starts at 1:18 (here in Missouri).  I'll have until the start of Asr to complete that prayer.  Asr today is at 4:58.

However, it's best to do you prayers as close to the start time.  But, like, if you're in the middle of trying to get a child down for a nap or making the kids lunch or something you don't have to drop everything and go pray.  You can complete what you're doing and all.

salamaat
by on Sep. 3, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Sister Rissa hit it right on th head. I couldn't say it better.

Bruce1
by on Sep. 3, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I have been Muslim for 10years (alhamduliah) and my first 6 or so years I was single and worked outside the home in office settings.  I was for the most part always able to make my salats (maybe not on time but before the next one came in).  Now, I am a stay at home mother and plan our activities around salat times.

heatkab2
by on Sep. 5, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Not a stupid question at all...

I avoid going out if it is close to prayer time, and if I am out and afraid I might miss the prayer I have been known to pray in public.

I agree with Bruce,when I wasn't maried making prayer on time was easy, now that I am married and have 2 tiny kids (an almost 2 1/2 year old and 9 month old) it is much more chaotic for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)