Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Customary Marriages

Posted by   + Show Post

Dose any know about customary marriages & is any one in one now or ever been in one ?

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Replies (11-12):
muslimahpj
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:48 PM

You are welcome.

Quoting Angels24:

Thanks sister

Quoting muslimahpj:

I dont know if that is true or not. Let me ask around to someone I know in Egypt and see what they say.

Quoting Angels24:

Ive been told by him & one of his friends that right now with him in the army there in egypt  they wont let him do a legal marriage with me since im american that the army is very demanding about things which i have no idea if both r sayin the truth about that i have no idea how the army is there in egypt is y he was talkin about doin a customary marraige 

ABeautifulQadar
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM
I am doing both. We did our city hall marriage last month and this week our mosque wedding :-) I have a Wali and I wrote up a contract and my husband myself and two make witnesses will sign it along with the imam

I didn't have to do both but I did for a few reasons. First.I want to legally be husband and wife in this country. I choose to do the nikah as well because I want to be married in front of Allah and also because we have rights in an Islamic marriage such as a dowry and a list of things that we expect from the marriage. Such as I said no Co wives and that I am to finish my education etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN