Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking of an idea for a "charity" for our fellow Brothers and Sisters

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:34 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 250 Total Views

I had an idea about a sort of "Charity" for our fellow brothers and sisters. I was hoping to be able to pass along gently used dresses for both grown women and babies/girls. I was also thinking of doing the same for our brothers and our young boys. I have no idea how to get this started but would love to pass the idea along and somehow help out the less fortunate brothers and sisters. Perhaps they could've had a fire, be  poor or perhaps be new to the truth. Many times it is difficult for people to become JW's because they do not have the money to revamp their wardrobe.

What do you think? How would I start this? Maybe even if we just organized a swap between sisters and brothers and did it in a way in which it was not anonymous but discrete. Even those with money can do swapping? We can do it with everything. All of our meeting stuff, even bags! Share some ideas ladies if you have some for me. I would appreciate it!

Thanks!!!

Happily married to Jeremy William - May 11,2008

Proudest mama ever to our two VERY handsome boys:

Bradley William Dana - February 1, 2009

Chance William Robert - March 9, 2011

by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LizzieAnnesMom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:12 PM

At our hall we have this big box in the Library. When someone doesnt want clothes/shoes they will go and put it in the box. Brothers and sisters can look through it often.  If no one tanes an item for a long time then it gets dropped off at thrift stores.

onix
by on May. 23, 2011 at 11:11 AM

The sisters in my congregation have swaps all the time.  Maybe you could do something like that.  But make it more then your congregations, spread the word for a few different congregations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)