Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am new and very excited

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:41 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 551 Total Views

Hello, My name is Cynthia.I am relatively new ot this group. I joined about 3 weeks ago but I have been lurking more than participating. I was quite glad to see a Jehovah Wtiness gorup on this site, which was the main reason for me to join in the first place.

I was raised in a family that followed the Faith. Almost every member of my family is baptized except for me and my sister. As a teenager I had a hard time fitting in with the people from my kingdom hall. they ostracized me in school becuase I was different. They even spread the rumour that I was a cocaine addict, which could not have been more false. Following such incidents I left the faith feeling as though I did not belong and I felt abandonned. By that point my parents had also stopped attending meetings as they were alot of evil rumours about every family and they grew tired of the constant drama.

We recently moved here and I had a pleasant suprise on thrusday morning when I opened the door to see a lovely lady by the name of Jean who is a very kind sister. I let her in and I knew she struck a sensitive chord when I started crying as she spoke about Jehovah and his love. I have been longing for a relationship with God as I had one as a child. SO to me, this was a wake up call.  My partner was very supportive of my growing interest and even suggested that I teach about Jehovah to our children, even though it is not in line with his own personal beliefs

I havent yet been to kingdom hall, becuase I am afraid of having the same drama happen once more. I have grown though and know that I am to stand my ground and not let bullies ruin my relationship with the Creator. That they do not represent what the Faith is about. Now, my uncle is giving his first speech tomorow at Kingdom Hall and I am happy to say that I will be attending with my daughter  and I have convinced my parents to join us. My grandma will be very glad as this is her kingdom hall and she will get to have her entire family by her side. I am very excited, but a bit anxious as well knowing that the people who teased me the worst go to this Kingdom Hall. But here is to hoping that now that they are married adults they will be more accepting and loving.

Thank you for Reading

Cynthia

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowpeasmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:39 PM
I hope they are too and if they aren't then they aren't really following jehovah who loves you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dlneal
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I believe Jehovah is guiding you this time around and knows your pain. All will be good. As for those who teased you, hopefully they have grown up and are following Jehovah's path. If not, then Jehovah knows it and they will be judged in the end accordingly.  As long as you continue on the right path and do what Jehovah wants you to do, that is all that matters. The end is sooo near that we cannot let others drama and hang ups prevent us from serving Him. Please keep in touch with us all and let us know how things are going.

momof2andonly2
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Hey there Cynthia, happy you joined this group. Happy you let the Sister in and you went back to the meeting next day.So how did it go when you first went back to the kingdom hall?  I am sure the ones who used to bully you back in the day were either married or had moved away. Let us know how it went?

TheSugarComa
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Hello1 So this morning was my uncles speech. It went great! I felt right at home. Everyone made me feel very comfortable and none of those that had been bullies were there, or maybe I just didnt see them. A good childhood friend of mine was there, and I hadnt seen her in two years. SHe doesnt live close but had decided to come for my uncle's speech. He did very well and I was thrilled with the message given in the speech as I whole heartedly agreed with him and he integrated the scriptures very very well.

I was very happy to be there and I am looking forward to bringing my son and I will try to bring my husband with me next time. Im sure he would have enjoyed

Dlneal
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Wonderful! So glad! Please continue to let us know how things are going

momof2andonly2
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 12:12 PM

That's good you enjoyed the meeting and welcome back. Your husband and so will your family will enoy it then too.  So happy for you, Cynthia.

thebatesfamily
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 12:40 AM

I considered leaving my current congregation because of some serious issues I was having with a sister there. I figured I could go to a different congregation or just go over the phone because I was just too SICK of the drama!!! Well a fellow sister told me about many of the issues she had, had over the years and she told me something that sticks with me all the time... you dont go to the Kingdom hall because of the people, you go for Jehovah. If most of us went for their fellow brothers and sisters they wouldn't go at all. Keep that in mind. We are JEHOVAH's witnesses, nothing more, nothing less. Loving your neighbor, you know, showing Agape love does not necessarily mean we have to LIKE our neighbor. Go into it with an open heart and mind though. If you have preconceived ideas and notions it could potentially taint your experience before you ever really have one!!!

Good luck dear!!!

Dlneal
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I wholehearted agree with thebatesfamily! I say that all the time, I go to the meetings for Jehovah not anyone else in the hall. I go for Jehovah, myself and my family. I constantly remind myself that no man is perfect and neither am I.

onix
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 12:41 PM

It is very hard to remember that these people that are in the congregation to helps us are human and make mistakes.  I've had issues with some before and I tried not to let it get to me.  It's not easy at all espeically when we are supposed to be loving to one another.  But that's why I pray and ask for help to either like or ignore these people and thier action.  I'm sure there are some in the congregation that don't like me.

cowgirlmama
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:13 PM

It is so wonderful. I have been hearing more and more, about ones who were aquainted with the truth when they were young, and now are returning to Jehovah. Jehovah's holy spirit has really been working in my family. I was reinstated 3 years ago and since 6 members of my family have returned to the truth!! It has been an amazing journey, and I hope that more of my family who is still inactive will wake up as a result.

Keep up the good work, and if you need to talk i'm here for yoU!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)