Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Question for ladies doing the Ikea CM Influencer program

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 2:50 PM
  • 10 Replies
Were any of you able to bring your items home from the store or are they too big? We live about 4 hours away and are hoping to rent a pick up truck to make the trip and hopefully bring home our stuff that day! Just wondering if you think that will be doable or if we should plan on budgetting for the shipping costs. Thanks ladies!
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xxLukesMamaxx
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I called them and they said yes we would be able to bring the items home with us.  

LivinDeadGurl
So busy lately, I am damned near falling asleep sitting up. I think a nap is in order.
Yesterday at 3:54 PM
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 5:29 PM

We were able to bring ours home with us. We have a larger Explorer and managed to fit the frame and slates in the back of the truck, but had to strap the mattress to the roof of the truck. If you have a pick-up, you should be more than fine.

elwalters77
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Sweet!  Thanks ladies!  Since we're driving so far, I'd really like to be able to bring it home that day and I'd like to spend on merchandise rather than shipping fees.  :-)

antoinettecd
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:39 AM
I have a 2007 Saturn outlook so not the biggest SUV. We strapped the queen mattress to the top with a little thing of rope and the twine that Ikea provides. We fit my DD in her car seat properly, slates, our hopen bed frame, an entertainment center, and DD's bunk bed in the back. We drove just about two hours. It was honestly worth it all! Hope that helps.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:23 AM

We can rent a pick up, but I'm hoping to talk a friend or family member into letting us borrow something.  My mom drives a Saturn Vue and my BFF's hubby has a large pick up.  Sounds like either of those might work.  I drive a Pontiac Vibe.  I wonder if with the back seats down and using the roof rack if we could just take my own car.  Hmmmm.  I have some serious measuring to do!  Thanks again ladies!

antoinettecd
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:28 AM
Haha yeah..vue is a bit different..mine is a 8 seater so I folded the whole 3rd row down and 2 seats in the 2nd..but who knows..hubbys really good at packing too..I probably wouldn't have been able to figure it out so strategically, especially that late at night..lol good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
single_and_preg
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:47 PM

I thought they delivered?

I was going to have them deliver it if i got chosen.

single_and_preg
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Oh nevermind, I read it again, I didnt realize they charged extra to deliver it.

Quoting single_and_preg:

I thought they delivered?

I was going to have them deliver it if i got chosen.

RobynS
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Good plan!

Quoting elwalters77:

Sweet!  Thanks ladies!  Since we're driving so far, I'd really like to be able to bring it home that day and I'd like to spend on merchandise rather than shipping fees.  :-)

Barabell
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Most Ikeas seem to have a Uhaul nearby, and one-way rentals with Uhaul are usually cheaper than in-town rentals. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN