Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

It's expensive to go to weddings...

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 9:12 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm not really venting but thinking about how much it has cost me to go to a wedding.  I bought a new shirt ($30), dress pants ($30), tank top ($17) and jewelry ($20) all from Dress Barn because it is the only place I seem to have luck in finding clothes that fit me right for events.  Thank goodness that sale associate snuck me a 20% off coupon.

Then, I purchased a ($38) dress shirt for the hubby, tie another ($18) and possibly dress pants...hopefully he won't need new shoes.

Okay, then a gift is needed right?  Another ($50)...blah!  And, is $50 too little???

Okay, thanks for reading all this...lol   

by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owensmom34
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Oh also, I would of used what I have in my closet but since I am a SAHM I don't have many dressy clothes and most are over 7 years old. 

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 9:38 PM

I hear you. I haven't been to a wedding in a while and I'm happy to not have to worry about the money!

owensmom34
by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 11:58 PM

It just floors me what clothes cost now days and you know I'm a size 12 so I can't get away with finding anything decent on clearance racks...blah...thanks for letting me vent!  :) 

Quoting bhwrn1:

I hear you. I haven't been to a wedding in a while and I'm happy to not have to worry about the money!

Bmat
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 8:30 AM

$50 is fine depending on how well you know the couple and what the customs are in your area.

I'm glad you were able to find clothes you liked, and now you'll have them to wear for other dressy occasions.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 8:30 AM

and even more expensive to be IN a wedding!

owensmom34
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 9:12 AM

That's true...thank goodness that didn't happen  :)

Quoting xxLukesMamaxx:

and even more expensive to be IN a wedding!

LivinDeadGurl
So busy lately, I am damned near falling asleep sitting up. I think a nap is in order.
Yesterday at 3:54 PM
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 10:12 AM

I know what you mean. Makes me kind of glad that I am never invited to weddings...lol.

owensmom34
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I think about this though...4 kids x 4 weddings (possibly) yikes!  lol

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I know what you mean. Makes me kind of glad that I am never invited to weddings...lol.

RobynS
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 3:25 PM

No, $50 isn't too little. You have to go by whatever your budget is. And yes, weddings are expensive!! Hopefully you can wear the same clothes again the next time you're invited to an event! =)

Barabell
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I agree.  The last wedding we went to, we spent about the same amount on clothes, and then we went to the wedding and some people were dressed way to casual.  I don't know if I was more disappointed in the way the other people dressed or that we spent the money on clothes that we didn't have to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN