Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Redecorating

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM
  • 21 Replies

When is the last time you redecorated your home? What did you do? Did you do it all yourself, or did you hire someone to do it for you?

by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 1:00 PM

This was the den before (excuse the mess - hubby doesn't know how to clean before taking a pic, lol):

And this is the den after:

Hubby and I did all the work ourselves, except for the floor. The flooring was carpet, but it was ruined in a flood, so we replaced it with vinyl plank flooring which Daddy and my bros helped us install in a couple of hours. It looks like old pine boards, complete with faux knots, splits, and nails, and it feels like the real thing, too. :)

owensmom34
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Wow!  That looks really nice and love all the colors!

owensmom34
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 1:03 PM

We haven't redecorated in years.  We are so busy with sporting activities and low on money.

Barabell
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 7:32 PM

We still haven't full decorated from moving in.  Our house is a work in progress...LOL

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 8:39 PM

We are in the process of redoing/redecorating our downstairs bathroom. DH just finished the floor today.

rkoloms
by on Sep. 10, 2010 at 6:11 AM

Before we moved in (12 years ago) we had someone refinish the floors, and we painted. We bought a couple of pieces of furniture, too.

Robin in Chicago

LivinDeadGurl
by on Sep. 10, 2010 at 10:14 AM

We rent, so we are pretty limited to what we can do.

Back in October through December of last year we did some serious repainting though. I did it all myself and the place looks a million times better now (in the rooms we painted). I'll see if I can find some photos.

LivinDeadGurl
by on Sep. 10, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Here is our downstairs bathroom that we did right before last Halloween.

Before:

After:

We have a towel rod now under that wooden mirror with towels hanging from it that are coordinating colors of the room.

Barabell
by on Sep. 10, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Both of the room makeovers did improve the spaces.  It's amazing what painting and picking the right colors can do!

RobynS
by on Sep. 10, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I love that!!! Wanna come and do mine? ;)

Quoting bamababe1975:

This was the den before (excuse the mess - hubby doesn't know how to clean before taking a pic, lol):

And this is the den after:

Hubby and I did all the work ourselves, except for the floor. The flooring was carpet, but it was ruined in a flood, so we replaced it with vinyl plank flooring which Daddy and my bros helped us install in a couple of hours. It looks like old pine boards, complete with faux knots, splits, and nails, and it feels like the real thing, too. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)