Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

When is the last time you redecorated your home? What did you do? Did you do it all yourself, or did you hire someone to do it for you?

by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
RobynS
by on Sep. 10, 2010 at 12:45 PM

We did DS's room a while back as part of a CM influencer program. Otherwise, the last thing we did was a fresh coat of paint in the spare bedroom. Nothing major, it just desperately needed some freshening.

dingysfamily
by on Sep. 10, 2010 at 5:20 PM

We really haven't 're-decorated' much of anything at all; just added a new piece of something here and there.  When we bought our new flat screen tv, we bought a new (smaller) entertainment center for it to fit into.  We once bought a new computer desk, b/c the old one was a really cheap one and not looking to good any more.  But as for actually re-doing an entire room, or renovating ... never been able to do that ........... unless you want to count when we had to do our daughter's nursery 21 years ago and then of course over the years it had to go from that to a toddler to a little girl, to a teen ... but that's a slow process and a lot of that was hand-me-down stuff. 

steelcrazy
by on Sep. 10, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I redid my son's room for the CM influencer as well.  I've always done all of my own decorating work, I like to paint.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Sep. 11, 2010 at 7:09 AM

We've been slowly redecorating our whole house for the past six months. We did the living room first and then our hallway and foyer, we did both of our kids bedrooms and just recently, thanks to cafemom and ikea, we did our bedroom!

rkoloms
by on Sep. 11, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Quoting xxLukesMamaxx:

We've been slowly redecorating our whole house for the past six months. We did the living room first and then our hallway and foyer, we did both of our kids bedrooms and just recently, thanks to cafemom and ikea, we did our bedroom!

We would love to see photos!

rkoloms
by on Sep. 11, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Quoting Barabell:

We still haven't full decorated from moving in.  Our house is a work in progress...LOL

Houses are always a work in progress!

Robin in Chicago

bamababe1975
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Thanks! I have slowly realized I've got a theme going on in my house, with red, yellow, green, and brown being repeated all over, and lots of leaf motifs.

Quoting owensmom34:

Wow!  That looks really nice and love all the colors!

bamababe1975
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Oh, it looks so much better! I love the color! :)

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Here is our downstairs bathroom that we did right before last Halloween.

Before:

After:

We have a towel rod now under that wooden mirror with towels hanging from it that are coordinating colors of the room.

bamababe1975
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 5:24 PM

LOL! Sure - how much you wanna pay me? ;)

Quoting RobynS:

I love that!!! Wanna come and do mine? ;)

Quoting bamababe1975:

This was the den before (excuse the mess - hubby doesn't know how to clean before taking a pic, lol):

And this is the den after:

Hubby and I did all the work ourselves, except for the floor. The flooring was carpet, but it was ruined in a flood, so we replaced it with vinyl plank flooring which Daddy and my bros helped us install in a couple of hours. It looks like old pine boards, complete with faux knots, splits, and nails, and it feels like the real thing, too. :)

TheJerseyGirl
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 7:54 PM

I am always changing it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN