Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Where

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2010 at 8:45 PM
  • 10 Replies

were you on that tragic day 9 years ago?

What were you doing when you heard the news?

Please share your memories of that day.

american flag ribbonpatrioticpraying

by on Sep. 11, 2010 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by on Sep. 11, 2010 at 8:52 PM

My oldest son was 9 months old and he was playing in the familyroom.  I was in the kitchen making breakfast and watching GMA.  When I first turned on the tv they thought that it was a tragic plane crash.  I was one of the lucky ones to see the second plane hit on live tv.

I live in the Pittsburgh PA area and the plane that landed in a PA field , flight 93, flew over my house.  Quite scary to think that they were struggling for control of the plane over my house.  I know a few people who saw the plane and thought that it was odd that it didn't have it's landing gear down.  We are close enough to the air port that low flying planes are common, but they always have their landing gear down.  It was even creepier when the planes started flying again, I heard every single plane that went over my house for a few days.  Strange getting used to that sound again.  I no longer hear the planes unless it is a military transport or a fighter jet that was preparing for our airshow this weekend.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Sep. 11, 2010 at 9:08 PM

In geometry class my sophomore year in high school. 

mamivon2
by on Sep. 11, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Sitting on the couch trying to wake up. My dh comes in and turns the tv on. We saw watch how the second plane hit (I cant actually tell if we witnessed the first one too, I was preggo with my frist born and still sleepy)..At first I thought it was some dumb movie thats playing..( I wish it was)

owensmom34
by on Sep. 11, 2010 at 11:35 PM

I was at home watching the news when I heard about it.  I called my hubby, parents, and a friend.

Bmat
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 8:12 AM

I was here just starting to check email. I turned on the TV and there it was.

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I was at my skilled nursing facility. I was ADON/Staff development coordinator. I heard it on the radio and didn't believe it. Thought it was a stunt b/c I was listening to Howard Stern. Went to my administrator's office and he had it on the TV. Ran upstairs to look out the window and there it was, the first tower burning! I couldn't believe my eyes. My collegues and I watched the towers burn and fall from only a few miles away (across the river in NJ). I waited at my facility for transfers from the hospital of the less acute patients so they could accept the more acute and trama patients, but they never came :(

RobynS
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM

I was  at home getting ready for work. DH called me (he was already at work) and told me the news. I remember feeling numb, like it couldn't be real. I turned on the news and watched in horror. I wore black to work that day.

natesmom1228
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 7:04 PM

My son was 9 months old. I was living in Columbus, OH. I was at work at the local grocery store when we first heard about what happened. I was told from another employee that a plane hit one of the towers. I asked if it was a jet and was told "probably not, since the tower would have fallen down". We didn't know exactly how bad it was at the time. I am not sure anyone really did. Then when I went home and watched the news, it was very clear it was much worse then what we first realized.

Barabell
by on Sep. 13, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I lived in an apartment complex, and another tenant knocked on the door and told me what happened.  I did go to work, but they sent us home early because most people didn't show up.

Barabell
by on Sep. 13, 2010 at 4:22 PM

On a side note, my whole life 9/11 has been my mom's birthday.  So to be honest, I think about her first and her birthday, and not the 9/11/01. 

It's a day of celebration in our family, instead of just a tragic day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN