Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Wallpaper...love it or hate it?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just pulled off the last of wallpaper in our house this summer.  I like how it looks but it is tiresome to get off.

Do you have any wallpaper in your house?

by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 7:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
Bmat
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 3:34 PM

No we don't. I am not a fan. We do have wall formica half way up our bathroom walls to cut down on maintenance and to make cleaning easy.

bhwrn1
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Interesting, I have never heard of having formica on the walls.

Quoting Bmat:

No we don't. I am not a fan. We do have wall formica half way up our bathroom walls to cut down on maintenance and to make cleaning easy.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 7:13 AM

I even dislike borders. I put it up in my oldest son's room when he was a baby. It was such a PITA to take it down and then make sure all the glue was off so we could paint.

Bmat
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 8:58 AM

We built about 30 years ago. I don't know if the wall formica is even still made.  I don't like to clean tile, so the formica was an alternative, and easy to keep clean.

Now that I think of it, when we had the kitchen done about 3 years ago, we asked for an easy to care for backsplash, and some kind of laminate was used there.

edited to add: I did some googling, and formica is still being used on walls. I never hear of it though.

Quoting bhwrn1:

Interesting, I have never heard of having formica on the walls.

Quoting Bmat:

MLPO
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I hate wallpaper. I don't have any in my home.

owensmom34
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Our house had wallpaper in the bathrooms and kitchen when we bought it...can't stand removing the stuff.

Quoting bhwrn1:

Not a fan of wallpaper. We finally removed the last of the wallpaper that was in our house a few weeks ago when we started to redo the bathroom. I can't stand the stuff. I will never put it up. It was here when we moved in. What a PITA to take down.

MistressMinerva
by Member on Oct. 4, 2010 at 7:48 PM

No wallpaper and don't like it either.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 9:12 PM

don't care for it. 

No wall paper here!

AM-BRAT
by on Oct. 5, 2010 at 12:45 AM

No, and I will never put it here. I've heard too many horror stories.

lalasmama2007
by on Oct. 5, 2010 at 10:57 AM

I'm not a fan of wallpaper.  The house we just bought has a tiny bit in the kitchen above the cabinets and I can't wait to get rid of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)