Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

When do you think it's impolite to be talking on your cellphone?

Posted by   + Show Post

Or texting?

by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:09 PM
Replies (21-27):
Bmat
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Heh!   Good idea!

Quoting rkoloms:

Quoting Bmat:

I get annoyed when I am in a store and someone near me loudly starts talking and I turn around thinking they are addressing me, but they are talking on their phone. In public they should keep their conversations private.

I answer them! When someone says "hello" loudly, next to me, I always say hello back!

MLPO
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 11:22 AM

When you are supposed to be visiting with a friend.

rkoloms
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Quoting Bmat:

Heh!   Good idea!

Quoting rkoloms:

Quoting Bmat:

I get annoyed when I am in a store and someone near me loudly starts talking and I turn around thinking they are addressing me, but they are talking on their phone. In public they should keep their conversations private.

I answer them! When someone says "hello" loudly, next to me, I always say hello back!

When I was on the bus heading home, a teen-looking girl was yammering on her cellphone. She said "that's so gay". I looked at her, and said: You didn't really just say that, did you? 

Robin in Chicago

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 9:16 PM

When you are checking out, at a restaurant, at someone's house (if it's a long conversation), etc. 

AM-BRAT
by on Oct. 5, 2010 at 12:26 AM

At work, in a meeting, at the table with family, in an office.

AM-BRAT
by on Oct. 5, 2010 at 12:26 AM

LOL!

Quoting Bmat:

Heh!   Good idea!

Quoting rkoloms:

Quoting Bmat:

DisabledVet
by on Oct. 5, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Any time it disturbs others. I've seen people on their cell phone as if they are in a tiny bubble that keeps others form hearing them.  Well it doesn't. 

I'm tired of hearing about someones GYN visit in graphic detail or how your husbands banged you last night.

I don't want my grandchild to hear about kinky sex or other matters he's too young for. 

I don't want to hear the spoiler for a program/movie I haven't seen yet.  

I don't want to know that you have a sexually transmitted disease while I'm trying to eat. 

I don't want to know that your husband likes to do kinky things when I'm out with my grand child. 

I don't want to hear a graphic description of your child birth while in the line at Burger King.

I don't want to hear the Shirley is screwing the minister during a move that I paid a fortune to see.

I don't want to be hit while you talk on your phone while you're supposed to be driving. 

I just don't want to hear it any more. 

I wish someone would create a device that would make a loud squealing sound when people are being rude. 

What happened to privacy and being private with your personal business?  Put your cell phone away and listen to the real world.  Children laughing, birds cheeping and no annoying ringing sound or some rap tone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)