Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Block club or neighborhood association?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 9:34 AM
  • 13 Replies

Do you belong to any? Are you involved in other ways in your community?

Robin in Chicago

by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RobynS
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:10 AM

We don't have a neighborhood association. The only community thing I'm really involved in is our brand new running club. I'm not a runner, though--I walk. ;)

Bmat
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 3:35 PM

We don't have any here. It would be nice.

miller060905
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 4:13 PM

we don't have either where i live.  i live in a small rural farm town.  i do happen to know MOST of the people who live here though and they know me.  LOL... that's the way it is in a small town i guess

owensmom34
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 5:31 PM

No, we are not involved in any.

steelcrazy
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 6:15 PM

No neighborhood associations here.  We actually look for places without a neighborhood/homeowners association because we like to do what we want with the property that we own.  I don't want to ask anyone's permission to paint my front door red.

I am very involved in my community.  I am a cub scout leader, a PTA executive, a religious ed teacher at my church, and I am on a community development board.

LivinDeadGurl
Not feeling well today. Just want to curl up and sleep.
Yesterday at 5:29 PM
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 6:26 PM

I don't know of any here.

bhwrn1
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 9:46 PM

I don't. We don't have either as far as I know.

natesmom1228
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 8:24 AM

No, there is no official neighborhood block club, but there are only about 7 houses on our street. We all watch out for each other and take care of everyone when we need it. My neighbor took care of my cat when I went on my honeymoon.

rkoloms
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Quoting RobynS:

We don't have a neighborhood association. The only community thing I'm really involved in is our brand new running club. I'm not a runner, though--I walk. ;)

What a fantastic idea! It is so much easier to exercise when you have a support group.

Robin in Chicago

rkoloms
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Quoting Bmat:

We don't have any here. It would be nice.

If you are interested in forming one, I have some information (somewhere) from the Chicago community policing office. I will be happy to dig it up for you.

Robin in Chicago

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)