Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Furniture Assembly

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 7:10 AM
  • 11 Replies

Do you mind assembling the furniture when you buy it from Ikea? Do you find the instructions easy or hard?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Never bought furniture from IKEA. Sorry, here is a bump

Bmat
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 8:47 AM

The instructions are pretty typical,  enough to get the job done. My husband does most of the assembly and has never complained.

steelcrazy
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 1:43 PM

I've never had a problem assembling any furniture from Ikea.  Pretty standard instructions and fairly easy to do.  The key, like anything, is to follow the instructions, don't do it in your own order.

owensmom34
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I have never had furniture from IKEA but from other stores and it just depends.  Sometimes it is a pain!  I have my hubby assemble everything.

AM-BRAT
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Quoting natesmom1228:

AM-BRAT
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 5:47 PM

My SIL and BIL did by a child sized bunk bed set and had a helluva time putting it together.

Then, these same peopl also had trouble assembling a Little Tikes car which I had also doen, and it was easy.

rkoloms
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 5:54 PM

We have never purchased furniture there. I married an incredibly handy man; in fact, one of our friends calls him McGyver.

Robin in Chicago

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 9:19 PM

We assembled all our bedroom furniture and it was pretty simple. We didn't mind at all. I think it would be awkward having someone else in our house doing it when we're perfectly capable. 

rkoloms
by on Oct. 5, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Quoting xxLukesMamaxx:

We assembled all our bedroom furniture and it was pretty simple. We didn't mind at all. I think it would be awkward having someone else in our house doing it when we're perfectly capable. 

My spouse has been hired by several people to assemble furniture. They pay him $50 an hour to do this.

Robin in Chicago

Kara1977
by on Oct. 5, 2010 at 9:19 PM

me neither sorry

Quoting natesmom1228:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)