Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

What prompts you to buy furniture?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 4:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

An unbelievable sale or you just need it?

by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
natesmom1228
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 4:28 PM

I only buy furniture when I need it. I am in serious need of a new couch, but I am going to wait until my new carpet comes in.

AM-BRAT
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 5:45 PM

It has to be pretty cheap. There are times when we JUST NEED something, but not often.

rkoloms
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 5:56 PM

We have only purchased (or dragged home) furniture that we really needed. The last piece of furniture we brought home was a really cool old desk for Alyssa. It is from the '40s, and perfect for her room. Of course, it is currently the flat closet, piled three feet with laundry to put away.

Robin in Chicago

owensmom34
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Sounds like my house...lol

Quoting rkoloms:

We have only purchased (or dragged home) furniture that we really needed. The last piece of furniture we brought home was a really cool old desk for Alyssa. It is from the '40s, and perfect for her room. Of course, it is currently the flat closet, piled three feet with laundry to put away.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 9:15 PM

If we need it!

carolina_gal
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2010 at 9:22 PM

At this point I'd only buy furniture if I needed it. Our home is full and unless a recliner broke or something like that, I wouldn't buy anything.

steelcrazy
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I usually really really need it and then I make myself wait for an amazing sale.  I don't think I've ever bought furniture unless it was on sale and I had a serious need for it.

Right now I'm living with a 12 year old couch that has holes in it and is falling apart.  Nothing like covering couch cushions with beach towels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN