Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

What are pros and cons of your heating system?

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you like about your heating system, what don't you like?

by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 10:25 AM
Replies (11-19):
steelcrazy
by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I like that it keeps my house warm.  I hate that it is 20 years old, and I'm going to have to break down and replace it soon.

I have gas force air (duct work) heat.  I pay less than $50 a month, so it is really cheap.

Bmat
by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Wow! That really is cheap!

Quoting steelcrazy:

I like that it keeps my house warm.  I hate that it is 20 years old, and I'm going to have to break down and replace it soon.

I have gas force air (duct work) heat.  I pay less than $50 a month, so it is really cheap.

MLPO
by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 6:24 PM

The only con about our heater is the fact that it can get expensive. We have central heat and air.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Oct. 8, 2010 at 7:45 PM

It's propane .. my dh is in the propane business, he's a service tech and if something goes wrong, if it's with the propane end of it he can fix it.  If it's the system itself ... well, we call our friend Jim who has his own heating & a/c business and he takes care of us for a good  price.

bhwrn1
by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 8:41 PM

It takes a long time for our house to warm up. That is the biggest con. They heaters do stay warm once they are there, though.

rkoloms
by on Oct. 9, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Quoting steelcrazy:

When we bought our house, the boiler was from 1948. The house was built in 1939 with a coal burning furnace, and switched to natural gas.

Robin in Chicago

CatDogLady
by on Oct. 9, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I have electric heat, since there is no gas where I live. It is a good heat except it is very dry and we have to have a humidifier with it.

AM-BRAT
by on Oct. 11, 2010 at 1:21 AM

We love wood heat. The smell, the feel of it. But the wood through the house is a bummer...

AM-BRAT
by on Oct. 11, 2010 at 1:22 AM

!!! WOW!

Quoting rkoloms:

Quoting steelcrazy:

When we bought our house, the boiler was from 1948. The house was built in 1939 with a coal burning furnace, and switched to natural gas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)