Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

What has changed the most about the neighborhood you grew up in?

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 11:18 AM
  • 15 Replies

Do things seem smaller and unchanged or totally different, when you go back?

by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 11:43 AM

The neighborhood I grew up in is in the city and I it's horrible. We moved from the city when I was 11.  There is not enough money in the world to have me go back there. The houses are falling apart because no one takes care of anything there anymore. We moved out to the country when I was 11 and that neighborhood is still the same. I loved living there and would move there in a heartbeat if I could. I also love the neighborhood that I am living in now and my son is in a great school.

Amithyst
by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 11:51 AM
The neighborhood I grew up in no longer has kids running around everywhere, & there are more vacant houses & rental properties than there are families who own their homes. Sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymomof4787
by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 1:10 PM

The neighborhood I grew up in is no longer there.  Our home and the neighbors homes are knocked down and it is a shopping center.  The farmers across the street are housing developments. 

RobynS
by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 2:12 PM

My neighborhood looks the same. The only major changes are the neighbors themselves.

rkoloms
by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 3:53 PM

It has more religious people than it did when I was a child, but it is still quite diverse. We live four blocks from the house I grew up in.

Robin in Chicago

owensmom34
by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Less kids...more elderly I would say.  My parents are in there 70s now.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 10:46 PM

I have no idea, I haven't been there in years!

miller060905
by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 11:15 PM

it's almost exactly the same except there is one more house then there used to be - oh and right now they are working on paving the road.... so that's pretty big!

Kara1977
by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 11:39 PM

I didnt grow up in a "neighborhood" I lived in the middle of knowwhere!

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Oct. 7, 2010 at 9:08 AM

The area I grew up in has gone down hill and is, or was the last time I drove over there, on the verg of becoming almost slummy. Hopefully it's gotten better again.  I haven't been back in the area for over 20 years, and to be honest, don't have a desire to either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)