Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love your job; but wish u could stay home with kids, but know u couldn't afford to.

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 6:49 PM
  • 3 Replies

I'm happily married with a beautiful baby boy who's 17 mths old, with a baby boy on the way in May. Miss my son all the time, but i have good career that Ive been doing for 6 yrs now and don't want to leave it. My husband mentioned that he could stay home if he had to but hes moved up in his job and is doing pretty good and would feel bad if he left it. We soooo can't afford daycare for two kids, I'm having financial issues with daycare being expensive right now with one. Two would be impossible. Help!!!

by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Nov. 4, 2010 at 7:05 PM

This is just me, I would do whatever I had to do to stay at home during the young years of my kids, the first five years is what your child will be when they grow up, they need you, not daycare...isn't there a way you can stay at home MOST of the time? maybe work part tme? Precious picture you have of him...

steelcrazy
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 7:36 PM

What you need to do is sit down and figure out on paper if you could live  on what your hubby makes alone.  Take a look at your monthly expenses minus daycare and any work related expenses that you have.  This would give you a good idea if you could afford it.  You should also see if you would qualify for WIC on just hubby's income.  It may actually pay you to stay home based on your daycare savings and if you qualify for WIC.

Another option, I don't know what your career is, but is there anyway that you could work from home?  I'm an accountant and I have been working from home for quite a few years now.  It is hard to get work done with the kids, but I only work part time and I just have to meet deadlines, I don't have to be clocked in for so many hours a day.

drakemom1
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 7:36 PM

i just work the weekends at my job, and when i work i work double shifts most of the time, that way, during the week they have me and on the weekend they are with their dad, so no daycare but i am still bringing home decent money

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)