Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Go to meals?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:34 AM
  • 12 Replies

What are your go to meals when you are sick? Hubby has cooked the past 2 nights and now that his work week has started, I need to take back over. I would like to know what your easy, go to meals are that don't require an hour in the kitchen. I don't have a slow cooker... maybe I will be getting a new one soon.

by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Erin814
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 12:45 PM
I don't cook when I'm sick. Dh will either cook or have something delivered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2010 at 12:59 PM

We have pizza or takeout when I'm sick.

jeremysmom04
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Pasta. Jarred sauce.

psych_mom
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 1:31 PM

That was last nights meal... lol. DH cooked spaghetti for him and the kids.

Quoting jeremysmom04:

Pasta. Jarred sauce.

razmatazthespaz
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 1:39 PM

Enchilada pie is my easy meal!

the only cooking involved is the sauce! the rest is just throwing it together and into the oven!!

1 lb ground beef
 1 large can tomato sauce (29 oz) (and optional small can el pato)
 8 oz shredded cheese
 1 bag tortilla chips

preheat oven to 375. brown ground beef and drain, add tomato sauce and el pato and season to taste (no salt AT ALL if you are using salted torilla chips)

in baking dish lay down a layer of chips to completely cover the bottom of dish, break chips if necessary. cover with half of the sauce, a light layer of cheese then another of chips, then sauce, and a full layer of cheese to top it off!

throw it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or untl you can easily stick a fork through!!

if you hear the chips crunching it's not done!

makes about 8 servings, goes well with rice and beans!! and freezes well!!! makes great letovers and it's really cheep to make!!!

psych_mom
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 1:49 PM

This sounds yummy! I wonder if red sauce would taste good? I make chicken enchilladas with it all the time with it.

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

the only cooking involved is the sauce! the rest is just throwing it together and into the oven!!

1 lb ground beef
 8 oz shredded cheese
 1 bag tortilla chips

preheat oven to 375. brown ground beef and drain, add tomato sauce and el pato and season to taste (no salt AT ALL if you are using salted torilla chips)

in baking dish lay down a layer of chips to completely cover the bottom of dish, break chips if necessary. cover with half of the sauce, a light layer of cheese then another of chips, then sauce, and a full layer of cheese to top it off!

throw it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or untl you can easily stick a fork through!!

makes about 8 servings, goes well with rice and beans!! and freezes well!!! makes great letovers and it's really cheep to make!!!

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Nov. 10, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Now I am wanting Mexican...thank you...will send you my address so you can deliver...SOON....I am hungry

razmatazthespaz
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 8:23 PM

i don't see why it wouldn't!! i'm gonna have to try that now!!  lol!

Quoting psych_mom:

This sounds yummy! I wonder if red sauce would taste good? I make chicken enchilladas with it all the time with it.

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

1 lb ground beef
 8 oz shredded cheese
 1 bag tortilla chips

Photobucket

psych_mom
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Its yummy. I use real queso cheese and it taste superb. My hubby and kids love them!

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

i don't see why it wouldn't!! i'm gonna have to try that now!!  lol!

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

1 lb ground beef
 8 oz shredded cheese
 1 bag tortilla chips

savannahsmom242
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 9:21 PM
Spaghetti, tacos, soup and sandwiches, easy chicken pot pie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)