Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life
Would you rather spend money on a nice place to stay on vacation or on activities while you're there?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 1:43 PM
Replies (21-25):
Jukebox_Jenny
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Good way to do it. :)

Quoting Erin814:

I can't stand to stay at a cheap hotel.  Too many bad experiences.  We typically save enough to splurge on everything for vacation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM
Lmao!!! I saw it!!!

Quoting Kaci:

Jenny I will let you borrow my sign(see post about honemooon if you havent already. LOL )  and then you can have lots to spend on activities!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity75
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Activities!  You don't actually spend that much time in your room while on vacation, so I would use the money on activities.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Jan. 4, 2011 at 3:55 PM

We have stayed in a few "not the top of the line" hotels, and  ohad one experience that I am not going to repeat while I am away from home. Hubby took daughter for orientation at college and I stayed behind in the hotel, not familiar with the area so it wasn't a horrible place, but we usually stay at a nicer place, and when I was finished showering, I was in the room and a man unlocked the door(which had a DO NOT DISTURB sign on it) and walked right on in...was I scared YES..he said he was sorry and left...I called the front desk, they were sorry, too.....hubby demanded our money back and we left ....oh, yeah, I will pay for a nice place in a safe area every time!!! A little too freaky for me...we usually don't go on vacation unles we can afford to do it all, and sometimes that means we stay home one year and save to have a really great time the next.

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 5:40 PM
Ugh....creepy!!!!

Quoting QuiltLover:

We have stayed in a few "not the top of the line" hotels, and  ohad one experience that I am not going to repeat while I am away from home. Hubby took daughter for orientation at college and I stayed behind in the hotel, not familiar with the area so it wasn't a horrible place, but we usually stay at a nicer place, and when I was finished showering, I was in the room and a man unlocked the door(which had a DO NOT DISTURB sign on it) and walked right on in...was I scared YES..he said he was sorry and left...I called the front desk, they were sorry, too.....hubby demanded our money back and we left ....oh, yeah, I will pay for a nice place in a safe area every time!!! A little too freaky for me...we usually don't go on vacation unles we can afford to do it all, and sometimes that means we stay home one year and save to have a really great time the next.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)