Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How old is your washing machine? How about your dryer?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:12 AM
  • 16 Replies

Are they verging on antiques? Or are they fairly new?

drowning in laundry

by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Mine are probably considered antiques..We got our set 8yrs ago when we bought our house..they are still in great condition and run well so i have plans to get new ones until these die.. 

Mommyof2114
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Our set is 5 years old
ElizabethB83
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:25 AM

I got my washer end of 2010 and I got my dryer tuesday the 21st :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:51 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Ours are *farily* new I guess, lOL
About 5 or 6 years old :)

Join us at 
Time Out for You

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:04 AM

We got our set 2 weeks ago, so new.

psych_mom
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Mine are about 2 weeks old, so they're still brand new!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Old. We'll get new ones in the new house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bren_darlene
by Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I have no idea.  I bought my washer used (and it looks pretty old) plus I have had it for years!  My dryer is sitting in a storage building.  It works but I never used it. I like using the clothes line.  Haven't used the dryer in many years so I told my hubby to take it out so I would have more storage room :)

c.beers.317
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Both of mine are 7 months old. The house we bought didn't have appliances, so we had to get them. We got the LG HE true balance set (in red)
Funny story about them (and all of our appliances and why I am a loyal Home Depot shopper) because our credit was so tired up in buying the hou se we couldn't get financed for our appliances, so my mom used her home depot credit card to buy them. The deal was supposed to be that she would put my name on the card so I could make the payments. Even though she 'bought' them we still wanted to pay for them. My mom never put me on the card, the first month she said she made the payment as a birthday present for me. Then she had other excused for not letting me pay. After about 3 months of this, I went to home depot and asked if I could make a payment on my moms card. I had the card number and all that jazz, the customer service rep looked up the file then told me no I would have to talk to my mom about it. In October my mom passed away, and while I was gng through her estate I thought 'well I'll get to pay for my appliances'. I called Home Depot, they connected me to their credit card estate department, I told the rep on the phone that I wanted to assume the debt outright but after a long pause she told me "I'm sorry ma'am, I can't let you do that. There's a note in your mothers account saying she requested that we never accept payment from you for her account and I wouldn't feel right going against her wishes." I was flabbergasted, she spoke with her manager and I assume it was passed up the chain of command but 2 weeks later I received a letter stating the account had been closed.
There was a note from some VP handwritten that said 'please enjoy your appliances as a gift from your loved one, as she clearly intended them to be'
mamacalifornia
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Bought them both at the same time 2yrs ago GE high effiecncys

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN