Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How do you find time to have fun with your family?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 5:19 PM
  • 127 Replies
1 mom liked this

Finding time to have fun with your family can be hard for busy moms but it doesn't have to be. We gave 10 CafeMom members one $25.00 gift card to purchase the new "Baron's Best" pizza from Red Baron and one $50.00 Fandango gift card to see The Avengers movie from Marvel.  For busy moms, Baron's Bests' delicious pizzas and the new Avengers movie are a perfect way to have a family fun night without spending hours in the kitchen!

Tell us about your family. How do you find time to have fun?

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Here are some great responses from our CafeMoms! 

Oh my goodness, this has to be one of the best movies I've seen all year.  There was action, humor, sadness but even that had a touch of humor.  It was just a well put together movie.  I highly recommend this movie and I don't often do that.   

-       emilyrosenj

I purchased the Barons Best hand tossed style, one cheese and one pepperoni and a meat trio pan pizza. I was surprised how much I liked the hand tossed pizza. Both of my boys (14 & 19) really liked them, as well as my husband!

-       Mom2NandJ

DH was all hands down putting the Red Barons in the oven. We got hand tossed pepperoni & 4 cheese. I think I will purchase these for the summer because they're quick and easy to make.

-     Hottmomma607

MistressMinerva
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM

The movie doesn't come out until May 4th so have to wait until then to see it.

friend8622
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:47 PM

We love to have pizza and movie nights!  

Mommyof2114
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:15 PM
That's wonderful
Javamama2012
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Luckily both DH and I work from home so we have the extra time to spend with our 2DD's. We LOVE to swim in the kiddie pool at the YMCA, play on the playground in our back yard and like many others pizza and movie night once a week. We make homemade pizza and eat it on a mat on the living room floor while watching movies.

drinking

telecomgirl
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great Cafemom did that for some families!!

We have always made an effort to set aside 1 evening a week to spend with our kids despite dh's hectic work schedule, and ds's basketball games, etc.

Friday nights are typically board game/movie nights. And we spend weekends together doing things as well. I love it!

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM

How cool!

We are always together. We do lots of movie nights, bourd game nights, walks, park days, & sometimes we just hang out in the backyard and throw the frisbee or waterballoons around. We're blessed that DH has a lot of time home b/c of the way his shift at work is. It works out pretty great for all of us :)

Hottmomma607
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Our schedule is easy since I work only on every other Fridays! We usually make home made pizzas! So our experience with frozen pizzas was very different! I'll come back&post pics&thoughts later! My DS is super excited to see the Avengers next weekend! He has a an Avengers t-shirt!! His b-day is May 1st so this is even more exciting! Also my family&I love movies! Either in the theater or at home!! Fun!!
Hottmomma607
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Ok got the pictures downloaded&ready to share my family's experience! We have a long standing tradition in our household its pizza Fridays! It got to be boring after while we tried to switch up! Nope the kids weren't having it! Its Friday and its pizza time! We make our own pizzas great for me to get help in the kitchn and another way to spend time together. I also make hotwings too. So this was a nice break not having to make hot wings myself and the pizzas. DH was all hands down putting the Red Barons in the oven and the hotwings(which we got already cooked). We got hand tossed pepporoni&4 cheese. We added extra toppings to them both. I must say for frozen pizza it wasn't bad at all. This really all came in handy since I actually had to go in and do a demo on last Friday! :-) I think I will purchase these for the summer for quick&easy to make. But my family enjoy doing our own pizzas. We also got a Dr. Pepper,we thought this was a special time and the kids can have some pop. Not to mention Red Baron's had a $1.00 Dr. P. with a purchase of R.B. and each pizza had a $1.00 off total came too 24.18! We bought some cookies for dessert! I think it was awesome to feed my family of 5 for under $25.00! BTW I forgot we sat and watched Iron Man 2&Capt. America!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Ready to cook! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN