Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Venting.....

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

Vacations are suppose to be fun and relaxing.

WHY CANT MY DH GET THAT?!

He has been a grouch ALL freaking week! I've tried really hard to just go with the flow and just try to have fun and ignore his behavior but today just sent me over the edge.

It's our last full day here! I wanted to go to Alligator Adventures today after dinner. Instead he picks a fight with me and then leaves - not telling anyone where he's going.

So by the time everything is said and done and we get over to Alligator Adventures it's 8:03 and they stop selling tickets at 8.

We come back to the condo and the kids ask to go to the pool (which is inside) and not even a moment after they ask Dh SCREAMS "NO". When I've already told them yes before we left *which he knew* (I told them we'd go down after we came back because they have tons of energy at night and it helps them get to sleep and stay asleep). So we go up and I get ready, the kids get ready, and my mom gets ready and we go down to the pool. My dad came just walk with us and watch the kids play. About 30 mins later Dh comes down - sits on the opposite end of the pool and doesn't even crack a smile... Why even come down?! If he didn't want to come down in the begining, why come down?! 

Now I'm packing up everything and getting the last few loads of laundry washed up and things in order.... all while he's sitting on the couch making comments about how he always gets blamed for everything and that he can never do anything right in my eyes... blah blah blah...  I've NEVER said anything ALL week. I've told him to quiet down when he's talking really loud in the car but that's about it. I've never said he's done anything wrong. He's been like this all week!

I can't take much longer! He swears he's taken his meds all day but I know that can't be true. If he is then he's not taking them every day... First two days he was good but after having my tooth pulled it went downhill fast!

The day AFTER I got my tooth pulled - I was up at 7am with the kids while HE got to sleep till 10:30! I've been up all week with the kids. He goes to bed at 10pm and I stay up with the kids till they fall asleep. My mom cooks breakfast for everyone and I fix the kids plates and get them ready for the day. He'll roll out of bed around 8 or 9. How is that fair?

He's been out of work for a little over 3 weeks now! He's driving me nuts! We get home and there's no interviews - I have to go get a job because we're not going to make it. I wish I could get something in my degree but more than likely I'll end up at some minimum wage job like I normally do since it's need immediately and not something I can take 3 weeks to get interviews, etc done. I know when I go back to work I'm still going to have to do all the house work and deal with the kids, making sure all ds's homework gets done and that laundry is caught up and kitchen cleaned every night. He'll go back to doing nothing just like before.

I just can't get thru to him how much stress he puts on me when he's not on meds or not taking them correctly. But I can't mother him and make him take them. He's a grown man but why do I have to be the one punished?!

We leave tomorrow and I'm so sad. I wanted to enjoy my time here and instead I find myself out on the balcony at 2-3am crying because Im so frustrated with everything.

Everytime I go to talk to him about anything that's bothering me it's always "Well I didn't do anything." "Why are you blaming me" or he'll turn it around on me "Well YOU didn't do (this)" etc etc etc  Its just pointless to try and say anything to him. It's a waste of breate that I'm going to need when I'm 80.  

Ok I think I'm done venting. I feel better. Now I have to get back to cleaning the kitchen up. We leave from the condo tomorrow at 9am. I still have two more loads of laundry to get done and get packed. Kid's are now asleep so it'll be easier to get stuff done instead of hearing "mom" "mom" "mooooooom" every 5 mins lol

by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
psych_mom
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Sorry that it was like this for you.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Aww sorry this happened & moreso on the last day too ::sigh::
I guess it is time to talk with him *again* & remind him about his meds.
Along with if you are getting a job He needs to help.
As well as keep looking for himself.
Good luck hon & Have  a safe trip back :)

Join Us at
Time Out for You

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Unemployment is tough on men. It's much harder for them than for women.  He could be depressed because he has no job prospects, and he could be stressed about money.  Whatever the case, something is definitely bothering him. Instead of getting angry, maybe you can help him figure out what it is.

specialkdoose
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:50 AM
What does he take meds for? Anger? Anxiety? Unemployement is a big blow to a male ego. I would be willing to bet this is a major factor in his behavior.
psych_mom
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

The other ladies are right on about how he his feeling about losing his job and being unemployeed and his ADHD meds aren't going to help with that. Depression and being upset about his situation will make him act exactly as he is. Since he seems to have the Alpha Male personality he probably doesn't want to talk about this issues and if you can get him to open up he will probably feel a lot better.

Connie127
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM
sorry

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I hope today has been a better day...  :)

rocamom
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 3:04 PM

(((HUGS))))  Hang in there..  I hope it gets better!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN