Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How's YouR Weather ?

Posted by   + Show Post

We'll be in low 70's today then go downhill rest of week, LOL
What about you?  Let us know :)

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
WesternNYmom
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:47 PM

It has been in the low 50s here much of the week.  A far cry from the summer like temps we had a few week ago. The weather has been unusually warm for this area.  This has been the first winter that I remember where there we no snow days. We had only one snow storm back in February that actually caused issues on the roadways, and we only got to go sledding twice this year.   All winter the temps were 10-15 degrees higher than the average, and everything is blooming early this year.  It is nice tempwise here now, but it is windy and it looks like more rain.  We need more rain here like we need a hole in the head.  At this rate, It will be the 4th of July by the time my backyard dries up enough to plant the  veggie garden.  Looks like I will be building a few more raised beds in the yard for plants.

psych_mom
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:59 PM
You can send the rain my way. It rained almost every night until I started planting flowers in my yard, and then hardly nothing since.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

It has been in the low 50s here much of the week.  A far cry from the summer like temps we had a few week ago. The weather has been unusually warm for this area.  This has been the first winter that I remember where there we no snow days. We had only one snow storm back in February that actually caused issues on the roadways, and we only got to go sledding twice this year.   All winter the temps were 10-15 degrees higher than the average, and everything is blooming early this year.  It is nice tempwise here now, but it is windy and it looks like more rain.  We need more rain here like we need a hole in the head.  At this rate, It will be the 4th of July by the time my backyard dries up enough to plant the  veggie garden.  Looks like I will be building a few more raised beds in the yard for plants.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I wish I could start planting, but this time of year there is still a chance for a frost or deep freeze overnight.  I usually don't start planting outside until Memorial Day Weekend.  The growing season is so short up here. 

Quoting psych_mom:

You can send the rain my way. It rained almost every night until I started planting flowers in my yard, and then hardly nothing since.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

psych_mom
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM

That is one thing that I love about living in the south... we usually get very good defined seasons. Just not this year, lol. No winter at all and there for a while I thought that we were going to go right into summer.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

I wish I could start planting, but this time of year there is still a chance for a frost or deep freeze overnight.  I usually don't start planting outside until Memorial Day Weekend.  The growing season is so short up here. 

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting WesternNYmom:

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM

It was in the low 70's today.  Early morning was foggy and it cleared up sometime around noon.  It's been humid most of the day..  supposed to storm again tonight.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Thursday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Your winter sounds similar to ours here in Missouri,
Wish we had mild winters every year, LOL
Yikes does sound like a bit too much rain ::sigh::
Hopefully it stops so things can dry out way before the 4th :)

Quoting WesternNYmom:

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Temps sound great though!
Bit soon for the humidity ?
Hope the storms don't get too bad there ;)

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

It was in the low 70's today.  Early morning was foggy and it cleared up sometime around noon.  It's been humid most of the day..  supposed to storm again tonight.

WesternNYmom
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I hope so too.  It rained almost everyday during the month of January, and for about half of February, and it has been raining off and on since. We are under high wind and thunderstorm warning right now. I just hope, we don't lose power tonight.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting WesternNYmom:

hugss

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Wow on all that rain!
I hate those thunderstorms where losing power is possible.
Sure hope you don't :)

Quoting WesternNYmom:

I hope so too.  It rained almost everyday during the month of January, and for about half of February, and it has been raining off and on since. We are under high wind and thunderstorm warning right now. I just hope, we don't lose power tonight.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting WesternNYmom:

DivaPrinciple
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:22 PM

It doesn't know if it wants to be in the 60s, 70s, or 80s in NC...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)