Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Gardening

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM
  • 17 Replies

Do you garden?  Do you have anything growing right now?  What are your favorite things to grow?

pregnant belly                         toddler girl         toddler boy

Samantha-Pregnant with Elayna          Emmalee-4yo                   Elijah-1yo

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I tried a little gardening when I lived out in California.  I had some pots of bell peppers and strawberries growing.  I had them hanging on some lattice work that had and once they really started blooming I was going to try and move them to bigger pots.  Well they started blooming and growing nicely until one day this freak wind just came out of no where it seemed and knocked all my hard work down.  Nothing was salvagable. I was so sad...Bell peppers and strawberries are two tings my family loves and goes through a lot of so that's why I had them and then they were gone...

I need to try and start a garden on the balcony of my mom's apartment.  I want to try my hand at some fresh herbs and then dry them in the dehydrator that I have yet to use...lol

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:32 PM

My mom always always had a garden when I was little. This year is my first year doing one of my own!!

We are growing tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, carrots, & sunflowers. It's a start. if it goes well, we will add to it next year!

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I would love to grow some cucumbers. They are one of my favorite veggies during the summers. love them when they ate really cold with some ranch dressing for dipping. I can sit and eat a whole cucumber by myself.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

My mom always always had a garden when I was little. This year is my first year doing one of my own!!

We are growing tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, carrots, & sunflowers. It's a start. if it goes well, we will add to it next year!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:30 PM
I have a black thumb, lol, but I keep trying!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
friend8622
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I want to start gardening once we move!  I haven't in the past though!

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I love to garden- I'm better with plants/flower, then fruits/veggies. 

northernmommy
by Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:04 PM

we have 4 greenhouses at our store so we do LOTS of gardening. this year i plan on doing veggies in pallets (cover bottom and open sides of the pallet with garden cloth, fill with dirt, and plant in the spaces between the slats). i have a couple flower beds in the front yard and i do up the flower beds at my Grandparent's place.

WesternNYmom
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Its too cold to plant anything outside right now due to overnight frosts, but as soon as it is warm enough to, I will be planting my veggie garden.  I usually grow tomatos, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, bell peppers, and herbs.  I also have blue berry bushes, and I grow my own strawberries. I love growing my own food. Whatever veggies we don't eat right away, I can or freeze for the winter when these veggies aren't in season. Fresh produce costs a fortune here in the winter.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:43 PM

No, we had a lovely yard in our previous home but landscaping has become a low priorty in this home. 

psych_mom
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Next year we are going to plant one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)