Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

home remedies.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM
  • 18 Replies
What are some of your favorite home remedies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM

salt water rinse... for just about anything going on with mouth.

Also a hydrogen peroxide rinse for white(r) teeth!

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM

high light your own hair with peroxide as well.

Just becareful because you'll lighten your whole head or be un even if you're not careful lol - just put it on and go outside for awhile and  it'll lighten up over time.

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM

honey and lemon for a sore throat. 

Lemon for whitening your nail tips.

hot toddy (whiskey, honey, lemon) is what we use when we have the flu. Sweat that stuff out, sleep well & feel better! LOL

psych_mom
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I have recently started using peppermint essential oil and I love it. It has helped with my migraines, asthma, allergies, thyroid, even when everyone else has gotten sick- I haven't! It is a natural antibiotic and antiviral:)

psych_mom
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I forgot to add that it also helps with energy!

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM

growing up, my mom always used sassafrass root and made tea w/ it for my stomach issues. i was sick a lot when i was little..Nobody knew what was causing it. But the sassafrass helped w/ my nausea.

SassyWildflower
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM

i'm going to look into this. i have a lot of the problems you mentioned. I bet it would help me!

Quoting psych_mom:

mom2bell
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Tincture of Thyme on a dry socket.  Cannot even explain the relief.  To this day...6 years later, I feel relief, and I make sure to keep a tincture of Thyme in the house.  It is a natural antiseptic and works wonders!!

mom2bell
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:26 PM

irrigate your sinuses with saline water ie..sea salt and warm water.  Helps with sinus infections, wards off polyps, and is good way to keep clean and healthy!

psych_mom
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Most likely. I have a great website that you can go to that has a list of different issues and different oils that help with them. It is for a specific company but other than the blends you can get a lot of oils through many companies. I just like that company because they have 100% therapeutic grade oils. If you want the site (it's not through the companies website) I can PM it to you.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

i'm going to look into this. i have a lot of the problems you mentioned. I bet it would help me!

Quoting psych_mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN